New instructions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

To my knowledge no information has been released about that yet.  I am not sure this will be part of the pathfinding series of tools, rather I believe it to be part of another set of experience tools.  My understanding is that pathfinding has to do with the construction and scripting of AI creatures.  The attachment of a HUD to a person driven avatar that when detached does not stay in inventory is something different.  You can continue to watch the forum and blogs for the announcements from LL.  They just posted one about pathfinding being in beta now on the Aditi grid under the building and texturing section.

I am an alt, of a script writer some of you know, but the lindens are not keen on me commenting here, I worry that they will push out those they don't like, already we are seeing the pathfinder tools going to sim owners, so from my point of view even though I have been writing script and selling products for 3 years there is no point in me even looking at them, I have accepted that, but the instruction to wear then auto delete would suit me very well for the things I make.

@Boudicca,

Pathfinding tools are not limited to land owners. Anyone can create AI characters and have them work.

There are Nevmesh tools that only those with the rights to edit terrain or otherwise change land can use. Everyone will have them. But, you can only chage a navmesh you have rights/permissions to change.

Experience Tools in many ways are a griefer's dream come true. For that reason alone the use of those tools will be restricted. We are not sure how that restriction will be implemented. When Charlar Linde left the scene the Experience Tools project went closed beta. So, we have no idea hat's happening with it. All participants are NDA.

The Lindens do not have a list of 'Don't Like You People.' Wherever you heard that... stop going there.

So it's a closed beta. And it's something dangerous, so they're not willing to trust everyone. I can understand that, but it does fuel the speculation that only the "right" people will get access to the tools.

It's like the way that any action taken on an AR is a deathly secret. I've seen griefing, I know it happens, but I've also seen "griefing" used as an excuse for some apparently hasty, and quickly reversed, code changes.

Yes, I know, You only have to go to the in-world meetings to find out about this. But there are hard limits on how many people can attend an in-world meeting, and they don't worki so well for people in radically different timezones. LL, frankly, sucks at communicating with customers.

Unless that changes I don't think you're going to stop the rumours about some sort of FIC. All I know is that I'm not part of it. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.