My sales are suddenly in the toilet, again...

Myrylyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Myrylyn wrote:

Well, look out, because Diablo 3 just entered a completely open beta at 12 noon today and it will last through the weekend.

We'll probably lose a lot of a cross-gendered and male avatars this weekend!

LOL!!!

I dabble in some MMORPGs - EQ and more recently WoW to be specific. (And I'm female in SL and RL *grins*)  I've noticed on those games' forums that especially hardcore players seem to jump from one game to the next "new thing" regularly.  For example, a lot of people left EQ/WoW when Star Wars: The Old Republic was released last December.  Some have already returned, having hit the current max level in SWTOR.

On the WoW boards, I see many people who paid a year's subscription to WoW in advance via a promotion that included Diablo 3 as part of a year's pre-paid subscription to WoW.

Interestingly, whenever I have mentioned SL to people in either EQ or WoW, I get one of two responses:

1.  I tried that game awhile back and didn't like it.

2.  I've never heard of that game - what's it like?

In trying to explain that SL is not a game but a virtual world that has various games "within it," I can just *see* eyes glazing over.  I brought one of my EQ friends over to SL but he left saying, "There's nothing here for me to kill." Oy.

I got sucked into the one year WoW subscription. Actually my husband too. We are what wow calls "mount whores" LOL  They offered a mount in game to do it so ya we were suckers. But I love playing WoW with my husband. And for all of you who say sales will be down by males from Diablo LOL Damn you all for thinking girls won't be playing! hahaha

I wouldn't even mention SL to any MMO player. They are not the same thing at all. SL isn't a game, it'a a glorified chat room with virtual presentation. It's a social tool, not to be a warrior and save the world. I play Wow, Star Wars and even dabbled in Rift and I can tell you those people are not going to be swayed into SL as an alternative. It's more of an addition like I use it for. I would never quit my MMO to play SL because it's not even remotely comparable. But it's something i enjoy for the social aspect and when I need some calm in my life. lol

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think part of it is seasonal, but there is no doubt that they have done something to search since they unstuck the store sort.  The things that were stuck at the top of my store page were some of my real best sellers, so I had some very good days, but now the things at the top are just the most recent sellers NOT my best sellers or my best work or the best anything. Why can they not just change the default sort criteria? Why why why why?

SUCH A SIMPLE THING COULD MAKE SUCH A DIFFERENCE.

I set up a case for this exact issue, and was told others are experiencing these problems. They gave me Jira links to submit a bug.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4724 Search Listings Are Missing 

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4717 ALL Search Listings Are Frozen! (Including Classifieds, Land & Rentals,

Places, etc)

Before you click on these links, they are not about Market Place but it seems inworld searches. I'm flummoxed as to their customer service.

I must admit this is not exactly what I imagined in terms of offering selective help to in-world merchants as I predicted earlier.

But it does make a bit of sense in any case.

If LL doesn't really have any shiny new feature to enveil, they can just create a problem for what seems like everyone, and then solve it in a way that leaves it somewhat unsolved for certain users, thus making it easier for certain others to compete.

So don't worry too much.

They will fix this problem.

In fact they might just fix it really, really well.

Maybe just, in your case, not so much.

What exciting name do you imagine they will give to the "new" and "improved" in-world search utility?

Kampu Oyen wrote:

I must admit this is not exactly what I imagined in terms of offering selective help to in-world merchants as I predicted earlier.

But it does make a bit of sense in any case.

If LL doesn't really have any shiny new feature to enveil, they can just create a problem for what seems like everyone, and then solve it in a way that leaves it somewhat unsolved for certain users, thus making it easier for certain others to compete.

So don't worry too much.

They will fix this problem.

In fact they might just fix it really, really well.

Maybe just, in your case, not so much.

What exciting name do you imagine they will give to the "new" and "improved" in-world search utility?

They might never fix it, but would like an explaination as to why things are not being viewed. Not holding breath.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.