How Do I cancel a purchase or Order

Midice Holfe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HI, folks, How do I cancel a Market place  order..?

I placed a order, it's been two days since the order was  placed, and no delivery, it sitting there with the  Mustard coloured window saying it qued for delivery,  we seemed to have  passed the  8 hr delivery test time, clearly the delivery isn't  going to happen.

So  yep I can go  to inworld  store and  purchase... or find simular and purchase....

My concern is( and  the way things  function in my life this is  exactly what will happen),  as soon as I find and purchase  the alternative, the  electrons will work themselves out(either by someone spilling there coffee over a keyboard somewhere, or  the moon lines up with  Mercury with Venus  rising)  to deliver this item, and I will get charged for it, and there  does not seem to be a button to  cancel  the order/purchase...

so  I would be correct in thinking I have too engage the  services  of the  support team- file a ticket, to resolve  this.

just seems to be a  waste of  the support teams time for the lack of a Button, if  there is not one,  if there is a button, can  someone be  kind enough to send  directions to  find it  please...

Thanks  to any that  take time to read and reply  in advance .. :)

It's supposed to be cancelled automatically, but I'm in exactly the same position as you -- I've had an order, for which I've not been charged, sitting there for a couple of days now.

I asked the identical question in the Answers section and am told that, unfortunately, there's no way to cancel an order.   There's a jira about this: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4171

In the end, I contacted the merchant to explain the problem and we agreed I'd buy the item in his shop and he'll refund me for the superfluous copy if and when Commerce Linden ever gets round to delivering it and charging me.   Since my item is copy/no transfer (and also since an unexpected debit of a few hundred L$ isn't going to cause me problems), that works for the merchant and me both, but I don't know if it would work for you.

Ok thanks  for  the  replies, 

Innula, thats exactly what I will do  I think.... 

it not a cost thing,  just I not wish to pay for twice, just being over cautious I guess- ( i still carry scares from being charged land fees, when had Nil land holding for a couple months, and not understand where me US $ were going)...

Thanks again for  the swift responces.  and I will add coment on that  Jira

enjoy your SL everyone *waves*

Midice Holfe wrote:

Ok thanks  for  the  replies, 

Innula, thats exactly what I will do  I think.... 

it not a cost thing,  just I not wish to pay for twice, just being over cautious I guess- ( i still carry scares from being charged land fees, when had Nil land holding for a couple months, and not understand where me US $ were going)...

Thanks again for  the swift responces.  and I will add coment on that  Jira

enjoy your SL everyone *waves*

Ah the old you forgot to tier down gotcha;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.