Missing from Database

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My intan Heart was taken back on 4-18-2012   the name Drakeo's Heart Dance Intan

aquired june 12 2011 time 18;56 . but the suport was this. ask the owner of the land to return. OK look please be kind and open your 3 back up data base put it in my folder it was purchased in. I reopen case be cause the owner of the land is Lindens data base. if you dont think there is a problem on the 18 th of aprill look close to the jira. https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-114

Drakeo Resident,

Thank you for contacting us at Linden Lab Support. I'm sorry to hear you're having object issues. If this is regarding an object of yours that is on land you no longer own and the owner refuses to return it please submit an abuse report. If this is regarding an object that was returned but is missing from your inventory please see the following: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_Loss

If this did not resolve the problem please respond back with additional details on your issue, as I am not clear if you are talking about an object that is currently there in-world or has been returned.

Regards,

Linden Lab

2012-04-21 03:39:48
Me

the owner of the land is linden labs so as the you can see this 100 dollars of intan can cause your simple abbility to back up inventory. it was taken in to my inventory where you all lost it durring you back up thank you. please be so kind as to look in to your back up. cloud keeps three at all times.

2012-04-21 04:20:39
Me

The name of the Item is Drakeo's Heart Dance Intan . this should be very easy for you all to find. I am sure it is in your back up.

Can anybody tell me if there is any good reason why it is unreasonable to expect that it would be routine for LL to restore from a backup anything that disappeared from inventory?  Or, for that matter, fix any errors that their software or employees caused?  Silly me, I thought it was routine for database managers to maintain backups.

The most irritatiing thing about it is that they won't let us make our own backups.  I cannot see any logical reason for this, since if they encrypted the backup with a secure encryption system and kept the private key secure, we couldn't access it except by uploading the encrypted material to their server.

Comments

2012-04-18 13:43:06

DeanT Scout

Drakeo Resident,

Thank you for contacting us at Linden Lab Support. I'm sorry to hear you're having object issues. If this is regarding an object of yours that is on land you no longer own and the owner refuses to return it please submit an abuse report. If this is regarding an object that was returned but is missing from your inventory please see the following: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_Loss

If this did not resolve the problem please respond back with additional details on your issue, as I am not clear if you are talking about an object that is currently there in-world or has been returned.

Regards,

DeanT Scout

Linden Lab

2012-04-21 03:39:48

Me

the owner of the land is linden labs so as the you can see this 100 dollars of intan can cause your simple abbility to back up inventory. it was taken in to my inventory where you all lost it durring you back up thank you. please be so kind as to look in to your back up. cloud keeps three at all times.

2012-04-21 04:20:39

Me

The name of the Item is Drakeo's Heart Dance Intan . this should be very easy for you all to find. I am sure it is in your back up.

2012-04-21 10:23:39

DeanT Scout

Drakeo Resident,

Thank you for responding to this support case ticket. I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues. I am still not completely clear if you are referring to an item that is rezzed in world that you cannot get to or an item that is missing after being returned to your inventory from you abandoning a piece of land. Can you please respond back with further clarification on this matter?

Regards,

DeanT Scout

Linden Lab

2012-04-23 09:32:31

Me

Dean I when abandoning the land the intan was not returned to my inventory. there is some other minor objects also.

the object named Drakeo's Heart Dance intan was not returned to my inventory. I have searched everywhere piece by piece over 8000 pieces of inventory.

2012-04-24 10:48:24

DeanT Scout

Drakeo Resident,

Thank you for responding to this support case ticket. I'm sorry to hear you're still having lost inventory issues. The only thing you may do for this sort of issue is follow the steps here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_Loss

If this does not allow you to find your lost items I apologize but the items in question may indeed be lost as there is no such thing as an "inventory restore" tool. For technical reasons it is not possible to restore inventory that has been lost or deleted.

If you have any other questions regarding this please don't hesitate to respond. For all other unrelated issues feel free to send in a new case.

Regards,

DeanT Scout

Linden Lab

2012-04-25 07:26:14

Me

dear Scout I Understand the viewer and the system I currently develope on two viewers be so kind as to find the intan and have it put back in my inventory,

Drakeo's Heart Dance Intan

it has 66 dances animations in it._

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.