Seams appearing on texture

Zak Kozlov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello ...

I have a problem since I started learning mesh ( Which isnt long ago , am still a noob hehe ) but this time it become a big problem as i'm making clothes and its not looking so good

Basicly , where I mark seam to unwarp my mesh properly ... a seam actualy appear at the places when from a certain distance in world ( from close close it dosnt show , from about 2-3 meters it does .. even on graphic set to ultra with everything maxed )

here are some examples:

http://i39.tinypic.com/fotcp.png

You can see where i marked seam on the base of the table all the way

http://i42.tinypic.com/2m2tb4h.png

You can see lil seam under the pockets where i marked seam to unwarp too

Please someone can tell me how can I fix this ?

Thanks!

You mean the margin option ?

This is a new setting to me I just looked it up and played with it a little

by defaut it was to 2 so i always baked with 2

I just tried up to 5 and the problem persist from a certain distance in world

the distance the seam start to appear didnt changed by putting margin higher even

so this seem to not be the cause

From your photos I am assuming your white texture is on a black background.  Meaning anything outside the UVs are colored black.  That it is this black that is bleeding though the edges of your UV pattern as you move your camera away.

I am sure you already know this.  I am just mentioning it so others who look at your photos will be able to understand what is going on.

If you can't get the baking options to correct the problem in what ever program you are using.  Before importing your texture into SL you can open it up in Photoshop and manually extend the edges of your UV seams by using the clone tool.  Or if you have a plugin like Flaming Pair you can use a filter like Solidify.  By the looks of it you only need to extend the pixels by like 3 or 4 pixels.

I hope that helps. :D

Cathy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.