After using SL viewer and Firestorm for a couple months, each, they no longer connect to SL.

Vallantine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

After using both the SL Viewer and Firestorm each for a couple of months, they no longer connect to SL.  Now I am on Exodus, but fear this will happen to Exodus also.  What could be wrong?  I have cleared cache and disabled Windows firewall.  Thanks.

3 answers to this question

You should not run with your firewall disabled for any length of time.  Both Phoenix and Firestorm will connect to SL (at least they do for most people, and they're working OK for me, so it's not a widespread problem.)  Try a clean install as suggested.

If you are going to have multiple viewers installed you need to know more about how to do clean installs. See: Second Life Clean Install. It is written for those that use multiple viewer brands.

Without knowing if you are getting an error message, we aren't going to be able to help you with the connection problem.

Before I stripped out the existing SL and FS viewers I would go in and delete the settings file to force the viewer back to the default settings for your computer. The file is in:

C:\Users\[windows_login_ID]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\user_settings\settings.xml

If you still can't login with those viewers we need more info to help.

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.