Jump to content

Is Second Life only about sex?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

While many people use Second Life to unleash their creativity the vast majority uses Second Life to have "sex". It is so sad that all these people want from their second life is to be naked, boast a (usually freebie) erection, have blue eyes and generally behave as what in real life is called a weirdo.

On a lighter note, I've discovered this blog which has some awesome pictures and commentary on the said practices:

slwankers.wordpress.com

Check it out! Lots and lots of fun!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


jclarkson wrote:

While many people use Second Life to unleash their creativity the vast majority uses Second Life to have "sex".

And you get your facts / statistics from_____________????????????

 

If you are having trouble answering, I can make this a multiple choice question instead of fill in the blank.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:


jclarkson wrote:

While many people use Second Life to unleash their creativity the vast majority uses Second Life to have "sex".

And you get your facts / statistics from_____________????????????

 

If you are having trouble answering, I can make this a multiple choice question instead of fill in the blank.

 

Thank you Perrie, I was just going to comment on this but you said exactly what I wanted to ask.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


jclarkson wrote:

While many people use Second Life to unleash their creativity the vast majority uses Second Life to have "sex". It is so sad that all these people want from their second life is to be naked, boast a (usually freebie) erection, have blue eyes and generally behave as what in real life is called a weirdo.

On a lighter note, I've discovered this blog which has some awesome pictures and commentary on the said practices:

slwankers.wordpress.com

Check it out! Lots and lots of fun!

You must be hanging out too much at sex clubs or sex sims full of newbs like yourself looking for da sex.  I assure you that people like that grow bored with it and expand their reasons for being here or leave SL.  The vast majority of people I know or have met that are not newbs and are not here primarily for the sex and I've been in in SL almost 7 years.

I suggest you do some more exploring and see the  hundreds and hundreds of places in SL that have nothing to do with sex. 

BTW, you failed to disclose that it is your blog you are promoting here.  Your profile lists it as your homepage and says one of your 2 primary interests is 'trolling wankers'.  It sounds to me like the only weirdo here is someone who 'trolls for wankers', invades peoples privacy by taking pictures of them, blogs about pixel sex and that lies about it for self promotion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


jclarkson wrote:

While many people use Second Life to unleash their creativity the vast majority uses Second Life to have "sex". It is so sad that all these people want from their second life is to be naked, boast a (usually freebie) erection, have blue eyes and generally behave as what in real life is called a weirdo.

On a lighter note, I've discovered this blog which has some awesome pictures and commentary on the said practices:

slwankers.wordpress.com

Check it out! Lots and lots of fun!

I wonder if your own blog could be used as evidence of invasion of privacy and AR you.....

 

Wait wait.. I missed that line.. You "discovered this blog?" so, you forgot your password for a while and recently discovered the piece of paper you wrote it on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This person came here to and as you said advertise their blog, it seems to me that "wanking" and voyeurism is what this person enjoys and why they came to sl. The first paragraph and title of the thread was to lure everyone in ;)

Name of the blog was sure thought out well lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


jclarkson wrote:

While many people use Second Life to unleash their creativity the vast majority uses Second Life to have "sex". It is so sad that all these people want from their second life is to be naked, boast a (usually freebie) erection, have blue eyes and generally behave as what in real life is called a weirdo.

On a lighter note, I've discovered this blog which has some awesome pictures and commentary on the said practices:

slwankers.wordpress.com

Check it out! Lots and lots of fun!


Blue eyes are attached to wanking... how? lmao. Sorry I wouldn't click on your link for nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Malanya wrote:


jclarkson wrote:

While many people use Second Life to unleash their creativity the vast majority uses Second Life to have "sex". It is so sad that all these people want from their second life is to be naked, boast a (usually freebie) erection, have blue eyes and generally behave as what in real life is called a weirdo.

On a lighter note, I've discovered this blog which has some awesome pictures and commentary on the said practices:

slwankers.wordpress.com

Check it out! Lots and lots of fun!


Blue eyes are attached to wanking... how? lmao. Sorry I wouldn't click on your link for nothing.

Occasionally my brown eyes bulge out when I wank but my doctor said all that I needed to do to protect them was to keep them shut.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isn't it amazing how you lot got upset? And you started making guesses and formulating scenarios and things. Alas I love internet with all of its clairvoyants and fortune tellers.

By the way, I've seen people having google as their homepage listed in their profile. Does this mean they are the owners of that company? Maybe we could add it too and become instant millionaires. Just food for thought for some of you guys.

Take it easy,

Jezza

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:


Malanya wrote:


jclarkson wrote:

While many people use Second Life to unleash their creativity the vast majority uses Second Life to have "sex". It is so sad that all these people want from their second life is to be naked, boast a (usually freebie) erection, have blue eyes and generally behave as what in real life is called a weirdo.

On a lighter note, I've discovered this blog which has some awesome pictures and commentary on the said practices:

slwankers.wordpress.com

Check it out! Lots and lots of fun!


Blue eyes are attached to wanking... how? lmao. Sorry I wouldn't click on your link for nothing.

Occasionally my brown eyes bulge out when I wank but my doctor said all that I needed to do to protect them was to keep them shut.

Are you sure?? Was that information ALSO verified in the informational wanking blog? ;P

edit typo laughing to hard to spell

Link to comment
Share on other sites


jclarkson wrote:

Isn't it amazing how you lot got upset? And you started making guesses and formulating scenarios and things. Alas I love internet with all of its clairvoyants and fortune tellers.

By the way, I've seen people having google as their homepage listed in their profile. Does this mean they are the owners of that company? Maybe we could add it too and become instant millionaires. Just food for thought for some of you guys.

Take it easy,

Jezza

Umm.. LOL I didn't get upset I actually laughed out LOUD :matte-motes-agape:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are trolling here, and frankly your efforts don't come anywhere close to the originality and humour that the real Jezza often displays. You need to up your game kid..Pity gestures don't work here I have an awesome one that would be perfect for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


jclarkson wrote:

Observation. Do you have evidence that suggest the opposite? I'd love to see them.

Take it easy,

Jezza

I'm not the one who made the claim.

Nor will I make a claim because just like you, I don't know.

But unlike you I won't make an unverified claim.

 

Of course if you hang around the sex rooms, your observation will be the vast majority who go there bump pixels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


jclarkson wrote:

Observation. Do you have evidence that suggest the opposite? I'd love to see them.

Take it easy,

Jezza

I imagine you would also go into your cities nearest redlight district and jump to conclusions about the residents of the city by observating the visitors there.

 If you visit sex sims, don't play shocked if sex is really what they are meant for. Go to other sims if you want other things. How frigid are you to get such joy from pointing your finger on other peoples sexlife?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dear Senior (since I'm the "kid"),

Looks like you got upset and took things personally. By the way, how do you know my real name is not Jezza Clarkson? Oh I forgot. You lot just know things better than the rest of us.

Save your gestures,

Jezza (aka "kid")

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Syo and Perrie,

Now you claim to know what I do better than myself. So first you assume that what I say is wrong, then you assume that you know what I do in my second life. Too many assumptions and no evidence whatsoever to back them up, don't you think? Oh and thanks for saying the obvious (about the red light districts).

Oh and by the way Perrie, my observations are based on statistics I have collected myself. If you want to challenge my measurements then present some other statistics that show the opposite. Saying that something is unverified doesn't disprove it. By the way a little search on the internet will reveal to you how big the sex industry in second life is.

Take it easy,

Jezza

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


jclarkson wrote:

my observations are based on statistics I have collected myself

You mean you've actually taken note of what color eyes each and every avatar that you've run across, over an extended period of time, had; then extrapolated that information to ascertain that blue does indeed outnumber the rest?

You're amazing!

...Dres

Link to comment
Share on other sites


jclarkson wrote:

Syo and Perrie,

Now you claim to know what I do better than myself. So first you assume that what I say is wrong, then you assume that you know what I do in my second life. Too many assumptions and no evidence whatsoever to back them up, don't you think? Oh and thanks for saying the obvious (about the red light districts).

Oh and by the way Perrie, my observations are based on statistics I have collected myself. If you want to challenge my measurements then present some other statistics that show the opposite. Saying that something is unverified doesn't disprove it. By the way a little search on the internet will reveal to you how big the sex industry in second life is.

Take it easy,

Jezza

 

Oh I know how big it is.  But it is not the only "industry" in SL.

But let's consider a few other Industries in SL.  Aviation & Sailing.  They are very big in SL also.  But you are really not going to read about them in the Media because guess what, they don't sell news.

But you want to know something interesting about aircraft and boats in SL.  They are all almost completely devoid of sex poses.  And dang, what could be more romantic than bumping pixels under the stars while your boat is floating out on the water.  And all those people who'd love to join the mile high club, deprived of the experience.

Then to those numbers involved in Aviation & Sailing let's add the Educational & Non Profits sectors.  And the the Music & Arts sectors to name a few others.

And prey tell, how long have you been stalking people to gather your information?  The account you are posting under is less than a month old.  A million people log in to SL every month.  How many would you need to follow to establish a statistically viable number?  And of course, if all you do is go to the places that cater to that behavior your statistics will be slanted.

You opened this thread with an unsubstantiated claim. 

I know sex is a big thing in SL.  I never said it wasn't.  But after six some odd years here I've seen a lot of evidence that it is not "the vast majority."

But if you want to add some information to your statistics about people who have engaged in sex in SL, you can add my brown eyes to the count.  But I will also tell you it is far from the only thing I do in SL. 

Still, if your exploration of SL has been narrow minded, your results will be also.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


jclarkson wrote:

Syo and Perrie,

Now you claim to know what I do better than myself. So first you assume that what I say is wrong, then you assume that you know what I do in my second life. Too many assumptions and no evidence whatsoever to back them up, don't you think? Oh and thanks for saying the obvious (about the red light districts).

Oh and by the way Perrie, my observations are based on statistics I have collected myself. If you want to challenge my measurements then present some other statistics that show the opposite. Saying that something is unverified doesn't disprove it. By the way a little search on the internet will reveal to you how big the sex industry in second life is.

Take it easy,

Jezza

 

You say the majority of SL users is here for sex, I say that isn't true. I know thats not the reason why I am here, Perrie knows that and many others know that too. My friends aren't here for that reason and I rarely come across people who only logg in for some pixeljumping.

You again displays yourself as a poor soul whos only constant joy in SL is to search and search until you found someone who enjoys his or her private time in a naugthy way...and probably too public (or are you a weirdo, who cams in private houses?).

Compare both: A strange guy looking for naked avatars like its a hobby and a group of normal people wandering around SL without any judgement or obsession towards bullying. Don't you think you WANT to see SL like that, because secretly you gain enjoyment and a good feeling about yourself from it? (Yeah, I know...thats the sideeffect of psychology classes).

 

Also speaking about the sex industry in Second Life, you seem to miss an important point. The industry itself isn't run by sexaddicts or bad people. There are talented creators making all kind of furniture, clothes and stuff. They do that, because it sells good. Why does it sells good? Because people want it and highly scripted stuff is always expensive. Its brought by all kinds of people....

- couples

- people who just want the furniture because of its other menus/its look

- people who want to sell/rent-out furnished houses

...and so on.

The rest of the sex industry contains the owners and staff of different adult venues and also a couple of photographers and such. What you are talking about are customers, not the industry. And hey, even if the industry is big and has many customers...those are not bad people and nothing says that they only have sex or that its their main enjoyment in SL.

Also your way of doing research is indeed highly questionable. I learned 1,5 years how to do proper research...I know it isn't done this way and I know that a biased mind can kill all research attempts within seconds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


jclarkson wrote:

While many people use Second Life to unleash their creativity the vast majority uses Second Life to have "sex". It is so sad that all these people want from their second life is to be naked, boast a (usually freebie) erection, have blue eyes and generally behave as what in real life is called a weirdo.

On a lighter note, I've discovered this blog which has some awesome pictures and commentary on the said practices:

slwankers.wordpress.com

Check it out! Lots and lots of fun!

There's no precise definition of "vast majority", but I think we can safely say that any kind of majority must be at least 50%. Then you go on to claim that "all these people want from their second life is to be naked". According to the SL region rating system, that would require (I think) the vast majority of sims to have adult ratings.

Here's the current breakdown of region counts, by rating...

General 3804

Moderate 19193

Adult 4136

Surely there are people in Moderate regions engaging in adult activities in the limited privacy of their homes, but I'd be cautious about drawing conclusions from that. My conservative RL neighborhood is filled with people really and truly doing the very same things. Incontrovertible proof of their sexual activity went screaming through my yard earlier today, chasing incontrovertible proof that dogs do it too.

You appear to contradict yourself by claiming that you are made "so sad" by these people, yet find a website dedicated to them "lots and lots of fun". This would not be the first time I saw logic fall to emotion.

You've asked for evidence to counter your claim. I've provided a little.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First of all, I'm surprised at the response my first and subsequent comments have drawn. It's not only the amount but also the style of responses that makes it obvious you guys are interested in a fight rather than a discussion. 

@ Perrie,

I sail and fly too so I know about this side of SL. I also know about scripting, bulding stuff etc. So the only new thing I've learned from you is your theories about myself. You can have as many and as crazy theories about me as you want. But I'm simply not interested in them.

 

@ Syo,

Let me make this absolutely clear: your comments are full of opinions regarding me. So next time you talk about bias take a look at your comments to see exactly what it is you are talking about.

 

@ Madeleine,

You have not provided evidence to counter my argument. The breakdown of the regions by rating doesn't say anything really since I'm talking about the number of people, not the number of regions. You could have a trillion sims rated "General" and all that trillion be empty all the time. On the other hand you've got a handful of adult and moderate sims that draw massive amounts of people and are packed 24/7. Take a look at a list of the 50 most popular sims and check their ratings and their names.

Lastly, I do not contradict myself at all. I find it sad that all they want is to behave like clots, but at the same time their behavior is ridiculously funny.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


jclarkson wrote:

First of all, I'm surprised at the response my first and subsequent comments have drawn. It's not only the amount but also the style of responses that makes it obvious you guys are interested in a fight rather than a discussion.
 


How anyone can hold a rational discussion with someone who thinks it's perfectly alright to pull statistics but of their own backside and yet still expects to be taken seriously, is beyond my scope of understanding.

But it's fun to watch... carry on.

...Dres

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...