Is Second Life only about sex?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Based on volume, range, model detail & complexity of shoes compared to all other items, rebranding SL as "Shoe Life" makes a lot of sense .... might actually kill the weird sex stigma once and for

I thought relogging restored your virginity

Sex and gachas.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

You may have noticed already but ... things move fast in SL.  I have a few theories that I want to toss out.  I want to keep it short but each could have its own long post if I cared to delve deeper but for now ....

1. Projection.  We tend to fill in holes with what we want to see.  SL leave a lot unseen from what we expect in a 1st life meet up.

2. Communication.  Much like projection, all the non-verbal communication we use in 1st life has to be replaced.  Everything is "said."  We talk alot more in SL because that is all we have.  This yields a much deeper level of communication almost instantly than what we have in 1st life.

3. Add these together and you have instant feelings that take months to develop in 1st life.  However, we still have only known the other person a short while and do not really know all about them.  The results can be harsh when a week later we discover they are not really who we thought they were.

So in conclusion; guard your heart if you can and when the time comes, try to look on it as a learning experience.  Another right of passage maybe.  It hurts, but you are not alone. 

Yeah, thanks Rhonda, What hurt me most was feeling used, and yet I may have been a user. It ended up complicated, like an implosion of emotion. I was just going with the flow (haha) but should have stepped back. A guy told me he was in a wheelchair in RL and I really felt for him, and I lowered my guard too much. At the same time I was seduced by a leggy blonde at the Maitreya Mall and let it happen..............................:(

The best thing about all this was I didn't have my Bento head, and so I can distance " this me" from what happened to "that me". I was in a bit of turmoil for about three days. It was so bad that I hung out at the Star Trek sim.................9_9 (which is good by the way........)

I'm OK now though, stronger and more guarded, and a  lot wiser. There was also a big benefit in that from this experience I built a lovely relationship with a girl-friend, which I really do value.

Edited by BelindaN
spelling
  • Like 1

I enter in a download random site and this is how SL makes his own advertisement... 
They're like, calling predators. ? SL is the new Ashleymadison.com 

"you're gonna regret if don't try this game" ?wow.png

Edited by Lara Aulder
9 minutes ago, Lara Aulder said:

I enter in a download random site and this is how SL makes his own advertisement... 
They're like, calling predators. ? SL is the new Ashleymadison.com 

"you're gonna regret if don't try this game" ?wow.png

These kinds of advertisement are based on what you browse on internet, if you browse about SL, that's what they'll show you those ads.

2 minutes ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

These kinds of advertisement are based on what you browse on internet, if you browse about SL, that's what they'll show you those ads.

ooh I should stop watch hentai ?

But seriously, I've always seen some nice ads around but this is a little appelative for my taste.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Have you seen bird bits? I don't see how they can procreate without getting angry.

A couple years ago, I read some info in one of my Stepmom's books or news letters on Chickens. They don't have exterior bits, they match up anuses. 

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

A couple years ago, I read some info in one of my Stepmom's books or news letters on Chickens. They don't have exterior bits, they match up anuses. 

As with most bird species, roosters and hens don't have external genitalia. Instead both partners procreate using an external orifice called a cloaca. ... Since no penetration is involved, the act is simply called a "cloacal kiss."

38 minutes ago, Derekmate said:

As with most bird species, roosters and hens don't have external genitalia. Instead both partners procreate using an external orifice called a cloaca. ... Since no penetration is involved, the act is simply called a "cloacal kiss."

Yes, an "anus cloaca".  ?

Edited by Love Zhaoying
2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

The biologist in me dares to contradict...

Even asexual reproduction such as binary fission, fragmentation, and budding are only known in plants. Right? You're the biologist! Guess I should have said "animal life".

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Even asexual reproduction such as binary fission, fragmentation, and budding are only known in plants. Right? You're the biologist! Guess I should have said "animal life".

Actually, there are a few species of worms and hydras that do asexual reproduction only.  Asexual reproduction has also been seen in some copperhead snakes and various other species of reptiles, birds, sharks and insects.

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Actually, there are a few species of worms and hydras that do asexual reproduction only.  Asexual reproduction has also been seen in some copperhead snakes and various other species of reptiles, birds, sharks and insects.

That's hot.  Hmm, isn't parthenogenesis also asexual?

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

That's hot.  Hmm, isn't parthenogenesis also asexual?

Yeah, that is what they call the process for those times when the species that normally reproduce sexually sometimes have asexual reproduction.

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Like Jesus! 

no

parthenogenesis in XY sexual species* always results in a girlie, now of course if Jesus actually was a girlie...

PS: I can already envision the pope's face on getting the news: "Holy father, scientists claim virgin births are possible." - " We always told them didn't we?" - " Yes holy father, but they now claim Jesus must have been a girl" -  ...

*edited in to keep @LittleMe Jewell happy

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Fionalein said:

no

parthenogeniesis always results in a girlie, now of course if Jesus actually was a girlie...

Some species can also change sex (in a dirth of the opposite sex, for instance).  What if Jesus was partho'd as a girl, then changed? Can't limit God!

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

parthenogeniesis always results in a girlie

Hmm - found this:

Parthenogenetic offspring in species that use either the XY or the X0 sex-determination system have two X chromosomes and are female. In species that use the ZW sex-determination system, they have either two Z chromosomes (male) or two W chromosomes (mostly non-viable but rarely a female), or they could have one Z and one W chromosome (female).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.