Zeta Zemach

Is Second Life only about sex?

It can be but not always. Meaning like, someone can come to SL purely for just sex and enjoy every second...Whereas someone can come to SL and stay a virgin and enjoy every second; it's all about what makes them happy. :) ... Save for graphics-card-crasher-griefers, those guys can eat a dick. :|

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Laoise Rumsford said:

someone can come to SL and stay a virgin

I thought relogging restored your virginity :D

• Haha 10

3 hours ago, Laoise Rumsford said:

It can be but not always. Meaning like, someone can come to SL purely for just sex and enjoy every second...Whereas someone can come to SL and stay a virgin and enjoy every second; it's all about what makes them happy. :) ... Save for graphics-card-crasher-griefers, those guys can eat a dick. :|

language.gif.515abe0f2d2bdef4e5ffceb01692e186.gif

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I thought relogging restored your virginity :D

Yeah.. and upon relog.. I become an 18 yr old boy... seeing thru only that (periscoped) ONE Eye!   O.o

On 4/18/2012 at 6:52 AM, Zeta Zemach said:

I have been in Seoond Life for about a year now  (actually I have been there for 5 years, but I had a 4 year break and came back about a year ago) and it gets more and more clear to me that Second Life primarily is about sex and partnerships, and I often find the gender roles to be overly sexy and overly romantic. I know I'm stepping on somebodys toes here :(

Im not interested in neither and for that reason I'm wondering if there is any future for me in SL. What I found was a lot of needy men who would defriend me as soon as they realized that I was serious about not having sex or relationships.

I'm in SL because I'm interested in virtual worlds and I like to talk to people from all over the world

What do you think? Does it make any sense to be in SL if you dont want to have sex or doesn't believe in SL relationsships??

I don't know.. Does it make any sense to be in RL if you don't want to have sex or don't believe in relationships?

There really is no difference interaction wise between the two. Do what you want in either. 

My favorite interaction with my partner is when we curl up together and talk about whatever is on our minds. This can be in our pool, our swing or in the Oh-So-Better-Homes&Gardens bedroom I put together for our virtual home.

My Second-favorite is when we talk about that same stuff while working at the club, shopping, building, exploring the grid or just standing around.

Poseballs don’t matter as much when someone right-clicked your heart 12+ years ago:-)

Now - I’m the freaky sort.....so the Poseballs/Scripted devices are NICE sometimes :-) My take on cybersex is more like a 50-Shades fanfic competition - so it’s probably not to everyone’s taste.

As my Partner-Related Pick says; “Nobody has to understand this but us” :-)

giphy.gif

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, AmandaKeen said:

...someone right-clicked your heart...

I don't believe I've ever seen that expression before. It is so Second Life centric and so completely adorable.

You've just made my morning and we've never even met. The Forum is good to me today.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On May 29, 2018 at 8:20 AM, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Second Life is about what you want from it. It's kind of like real life that way.

I agree that my Second Life is about what I want, but most of the time real life feels like it is more about what everyone else wants.

• Like 3

I used to had to get to know people first. I had to feel it in order to "feel it". Thing is people see the worst of others easily. People that want sex do want more then jsut sex, even if they think they want "just sex".

These days I'm finding out it's a good way to get to know people. Sex is an activity. It's something someone LIKES and ENJOYS. If you NEGLECT that then that's on you for not making the attempt. It doesn't mean "just sex". It simply means "it's happening right now. Let's do other fun things after or even during".

I got to know some people at flesh and fur oddly enough. Traded stories and shared the deepest secrets quickly. Course, some people just want to "hump and leave" but if you're there and someone gets to talking with you while having a good time it can be fun to focus on the conversation too. Though perhaps save that for "let's enjoy this first and talk after".

Naturally it's more entertaining when you know someone and a bond is there. But sex is a way to get to know people to form such bonds. Even in "just sex" locations. Got an owner at club yiff once for example. There was MUCH more then "just sex". Too many people judge a book by its cover.

Edited by Taramafor

On 6/8/2018 at 12:11 PM, Dillon Levenque said:

I don't believe I've ever seen that expression before. It is so Second Life centric and so completely adorable.

You've just made my morning and we've never even met. The Forum is good to me today.

Thank you so much Dillon :-) My partner is out of the country visiting with her family, and I needed the smile your response gave me!

• Like 4

On 6/8/2018 at 3:44 AM, AmandaKeen said:

As my Partner-Related Pick says; “Nobody has to understand this but us” :-)

That "us" business stops Maddy dead in her tracks. She can't even understand me.

• Haha 3

One reason why SL is often seen as just a "sex game" is that when you actually are searching for best online sex games, SL usually pops up as a winner. So it attracts a lot of people who indeed only log in when they want to "play sex" and are not doing much more than that.

I don't really mind what others think about SL, I even run a sex business so more sex please! ;)

On 6/6/2018 at 5:52 AM, Derekmate said:

Nope. I didn't have a place any sort of. My place is where I sit down. And near to my first rez day I'm still an SL virgin I don't even have a you know what. And I want to keep this way. 

Sit down wherever your boat floats and be mindful of the folks who offer and/or appreciate others who can share experiences that are not part of your normal, day to day experience.

Finding "their own place" does not mean having a landmark to share.  Finding my  own place meant finding a way that I could interact with a strange world in a way that offered me personal satisfaction.  I was lost for nearly a year in SL  But, I found my place eventually.  Someone taught me how to build. That brought me so much joy. That became "my place".

The interim was difficult.  It did appear to be all about sex  before I found "my place" because I didn't have something to focus on.  But, I knew there was something better so I stuck it out.  I stumbled and fumbled.  But, I eventually found "my place".  

I met my husband in SL.  We met in SL in 2010.  Met in RL in 2011. Married in 2013.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lilliput Little said:

Sit down wherever your boat floats and be mindful of the folks who offer and/or appreciate others who can share experiences that are not part of your normal, day to day experience.

Finding "their own place" does not mean having a landmark to share.  Finding my  own place meant finding a way that I could interact with a strange world in a way that offered me personal satisfaction.  I was lost for nearly a year in SL  But, I found my place eventually.  Someone taught me how to build. That brought me so much joy. That became "my place".

The interim was difficult.  It did appear to be all about sex  before I found "my place" because I didn't have something to focus on.  But, I knew there was something better so I stuck it out.  I stumbled and fumbled.  But, I eventually found "my place".  

I met my husband in SL.  We met in SL in 2010.  Met in RL in 2011. Married in 2013.

And?

11 years in SL and never done "The pixel" when i log into Sl its to Explore new sims, Find and talk with like minded people. perhaps do a little RP, or Fly a Plane, Sail a boat, drive a car on the linden roads or just "high tech paper dolls" their is plenty to do here with your clothes on. Someday i might run out of ideas and look for a sweet person and find out about SL relationships and the pixelated monster mash"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 02/08/2018 at 5:42 AM, Lilliput Little said:

That's awesome, congrats!! , there really should be a group for people who have or are doing this. LDR's can be brutal, especially for transnational couples.

• Like 1

i think i answered this be4 but i forgot   and  the answer is yes  it is just about sex  and if sansar is not about sex then it will fail completely but the future is not about wearing a headset its about holodecks  

this is the future not heavy over priced head gear trust me  i seen the future in tv shows

5 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

That's awesome, congrats!! , there really should be a group for people who have or are doing this. LDR's can be brutal, especially for transnational couples.

Why not, There are groups for everything else. And no it was not <brutal>. Is called life. Ten and counting...

And on a 32 windows too.

17 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

An empty ‘world’ filled with empty people.

But you, you are different from everyone else.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2