Is Second Life only about sex?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, 1EmmaJane said:

Really glad i came accross this topic. Im a newby and primarily only joined to connect with my uncle but HOWEVER am beginning to enjoy the virtual world thing. Im brand new, only joined  about a month agi but havent logged on that much due to life. Only looking to connect with friends, and meet new people NOT SEX. I realize these posts are from 2012 and its now 2018 but  if ya’ll read this, thank you for putting up this blog. Im still in the stages of trying to figure out how not to wear your furniture when you unpack it. I dont know how  to use the sandbox lol I did become a premium member.

So...how exactly do you consider this useful? Especially the blog that was obviously put up by a troll (which means its fake and aimed at provocation)?

• 3 weeks later...

Even was done by a troll some how this post is back  from the time portal and reborn!

I come to second life to explore and as getaway the fashion the experience with art. I am not second life for sex I like conversation getting to know someone with intelligence in the mind. Not every one is here for sex thought I let you know this some are their freewill on that part.

Only  thing I dislike some men can't read a profile think all women are for them this not true women are equal Just as men are we should also be treated with respect. When they say you gotta hot body I tell them no when they ask for sex I say no. I have in my profile not here for sex in the first life one.  You could be at some classy place in gown only showing a little their still guys chatting you up or the same guy on his alts trying to get you. They will day lets go someone where else and dance its best to stay where you are you end up at a adult dance place with dances that may be over line I had it done when I find out I would leave. I no longer fall for this trick. They make excuses O its laggy lets go to my place don't go to their place Just to get you do things you may not feel like doing.Grown gentlemen would never ask for sex or say how hot your body is they say you look nice and start with conversation what comes in the mind. One thing I will say have some boundaries energy earned not given.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Three posts almost in a row that agree with my personal experience here: Ivanova and Sukubia, and then Jameson (because the dancing is that important—slow dancing in SL can take your breath away).

So long as the dance balls sync anyway... and both people turn off their AOs.. Nothing funnier than watching one person slow dance while the other strikes poses..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Three posts almost in a row that agree with my personal experience here: Ivanova and Sukubia, and then Jameson (because the dancing is that important—slow dancing in SL can take your breath away).

I so totally agree!!!

There's nothing like sexting while slow dancing ...

• Like 1

no i don't think it is, its about friendship, meeting people etc, and having fun, on the sex side of things, people can, without fear express them selfs in a way they could not in rl, ie exploring there own personal and private fantasies, ie dressing up, cross dressing, bdsm etc, what they could not do in rl  the other side of sl is the fact that everyone can be frends no matter where your from , which sadly don't happen in rl, 

• Like 1

If a person doesn't make an attempt to find their own place in SL, yes, it does seem that it all about sex.  That does seem to be the default experience. Just say no.

You have to work at it to find the place where you feel comfortable.  And, unfortunately, there are *A LOT* of folks who want you to think that their SL lifestyle is what SL is all about.  Just like in RL, you have to make choices.  Walk away, stay and join the chat, learn to build, learn to script, log out, cancel account if it comes to that.  Do whatever you want but just don't think that SL is one track.  

I've met some incredible people.  I've learned skills that carried into RL. But, just as in RL, it takes time.  

My grandmother said once that women usually need a *reason* to engage in “sexual congress”, but men mostly just need an opportunity (and a flat surface).

Thats probably a little too general, but it was a very different era talking :-)

I’m guessing that for many, SL = “opportunity” for allegedly anonymous stuffs.

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 1

On 04/06/2018 at 11:05 AM, Lilliput Little said:

If a person doesn't make an attempt to find their own place in SL, yes, it does seem that it all about sex.  

Nope. I didn't have a place any sort of. My place is where I sit down. And near to my first rez day I'm still an SL virgin I don't even have a you know what. And I want to keep this way. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.