My second life is running super slow on my laptop. and when i slow, i mean reaaaalllyyy slow.

karinapratiwi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life Answers, karinapratiwi

It would be very useful for us if you'd post your computer's full specifications, to give you most specific advice.

Also, please ensure you are on a wired connection, as Second Life does not run well on wireless connections.

Your laptop might meet the minimum requirements listed here >>> https://secondlife.com/my/support/system-requirements/index.php?lang=en-US  but still be inadequate for a satisfactory experience in Second Life.  If you are having severe lag problems, you may have a weak Internet connection (high packet loss or a very large ping time -- very often a problem for SL residents who are outside the U.S.) or your graphics card may not be able to handle the heavy rendering load that SL presents.  You should try reducing your draw distance (to 64m or less), reducing your Quality slider (in Preferences >> Graphics) to Low, and cnsidering other solutions here>>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_very_laggy

• Like 1

Marigold is right. When you ask a tech question include information about your computer. Get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

Also, open Viewer Statistics (Ctrl-Shift-1) and find your frame rate. It is in the upper right of Stats panel.

Plus tell us if you are running on LOW to HIGH graphics settings. Are Light & Shadows, Ambient Occlusion, and Sun/Moon shadows enabled?

With that information we can tell if your getting something 'normal' or if something is wrong.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.