Aggressive Profiles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm always amused by those profiles where the person types in big bold letters ' All my IMs are recorded '......' I don't do drama '....and threats to AR anyone for just about anything they can think up. SL is full of these sort of....I call them 'aggressive' profiles.

More often than not, the biggest drama makers are the ones who 'dont do drama'. Nope, they only ever keep seeing it in the rear view mirror !

Likewise with people and their 'All my IMs are monitored'.  And why, one wonders, would some quiet, peaceful, non drama maker need to thus warn everyone ?

"...

Likewise with people and their 'All my IMs are monitored'.  And why, one wonders, would some quiet, peaceful, non drama maker need to thus warn everyone ?"

------------------------------------------------

To get under you skin?  It works..........I mean look at your reaction.  Ignore and move on does more than anything to stop drama hounds.

I use this opportunity and hereby give a fair "warning" to everybody reading these forums that I always log all IMs and all general chats. Now you know, so be careful what you say.
:matte-motes-evil-invert:  :smileytongue:

What I use the logs for is to refresh my memory. For example if I meet a nice person, we have a chat and after a longish time we meet again. Then I might have no idea who this person was and what we chatted about. Time to peep into the log and refresh one's brain.
:smileywink:

I wonder if they realize that such aggressive profiles are such a turn off that most people will have nothing to do with those folks? I know I will  have nothing to do with those people because my experience has been they are MAJOR DRAMA seekers.

I always like the ones by" some females", and I use that term loosely,  that are so aggressive and amazonian...makes you wonder 1) if they are female, 2)  what are they trying to hide being so tough.  If you have to be that bada@# in their profile why would anyone want to have anything to do with them?  3) when did it become bad to be a soft gentle female?

i like my  disclaimer i have in my picks..

Disclaimer:

"If you IM me it gives me the right to all your RL stuffs :P"

people get a kick out of it..in fact i get strangers IMing me all the time..oh no i haz to gib you all mah stuffs now!!

it used to be about jello parties..but people were getting the wrong impression with that one..so i switch to this hehehe

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

You can't be soft and gentle on the streets!

jk, the only hood I know are attached to my gym clothes
:P

*unfolds her razor  then climbs on tightening the strap to her helmet.. then scoots off yelling for all to hear*

STAAREETS!!!  :matte-motes-nerdy:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

You can't be soft and gentle on the streets!

jk, the only hood I know are attached to my gym clothes
:P

*unfolds her razor  then climbs on tightening the strap to her helmet.. then scoots off yelling for all to hear*

STAAREETS!!! 
:matte-motes-nerdy:

Come back! I has more starbursts!! :matte-motes-crying:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

it used to be about jello parties..but people were getting the wrong impression with that one..so i switch to this hehehe

What's the right impression?

;-)

well i kept getting IM's for stuff like jello wrestling and things like that..my intentions were jello shots hehehehe

Eloise Baily wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

;-)

Tommy Cooper. Jus' like that!

Just like that? Ludacris

It makes sense when you think about it. Most people who create drama don't realise they're doing it, because they lack an awareness of how their actions appear to others. They believe it's other people causing the drama, because they can't see that their actions are the problem. So their profiles are also going to lack that awareness, and be aggressive, drama-inducing and blame everyone else for everything.

At least profiles like that give you prior warning.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

;-)

well i kept getting IM's for stuff like jello wrestling and things like that..my intentions were jello shots hehehehe

I could imagine your right impression eventually leading to the wrong impression ;-)

wiked Anton wrote:

i thought logging convos was agains Tos now anyway, so a warning like that is on the verge of being illegal.? so.....is it agaoinst tos, i dont have time to read them all...
:(

No, logging IM's is not against the TOS.  In fact saving IM's (private messages) is still a function in the viewer.

What was and still is a violation of the TOS is sharing the contents of those PRIVATE MESSAGES (not open chat to my knowledge...that was public) within the confines of Linden Lab's turf, that is In World or here in the Forums, etc, without the permission of all parties involved.

Verena Vuckovic wrote:

I'm always amused by those profiles where the person types in big bold letters ' All my IMs are recorded '......' I don't do drama '....and threats to AR anyone for just about anything they can think up. SL is full of these sort of....I call them 'aggressive' profiles.

More often than not, the biggest drama makers are the ones who 'dont do drama'. Nope, they only ever keep seeing it in the rear view mirror !

Likewise with people and their 'All my IMs are monitored'.  And why, one wonders, would some quiet, peaceful, non drama maker need to thus warn everyone ?

People love drama Verena. Most people are so profoundly bored that they'll do or say anything just for the sake of drama, even if that requires them saying that they hate drama. >>More often than not, the biggest drama makers are the ones who 'dont do drama'.<< Right you are. You've answered your own question! 

Jeanne

I hide mine. I deleted all my Lotus bits 2 years ago.  :))

Thing is, if I want some "me" time, I don't want to have to unclick a load of stuff to do that. Apart from online status, which is usually on, my default is off, same as the privacy settings on any other piece of software I use. I don't broadcast myself generally. I treat SL the same way.

What you don't live to keep up with all the big news? :smileysurprised:

Avatar Name just posted her undying love for Tom in her profile

Avatar Name just partnered with Tom

Avatar Name just changed her display name to one with all Unicode characters you can't read

Avatar Name just clipped her toenails for the first time in three months

Avatar Name just posted her undying love for john in her profile

Avatar Name just  got a pregnancy HUD and is expecting

Avatar Name's talking fetus just staged a coup and has taken over this profile feed

"I like those who say they hide their groups."

It's another of those brainless things like people who hide their online status and then imagine they have 'privacy' as they wander around sims in full public view of everyone.

The fact that anyone in the same groups as these people can see they are in them is lost on these people. Likewise, they seem oblivious to the fact that 'I hide all my groups' is the surest possible way of causing others to show no no inclination whatever to be interested.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.