AR's Being Ignored and Categories Need Updated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LL,

I understand that your staff is a lot less than it was after the restructuring but to have AR's completely ignored and never done is poor customer service.  I send some in that are greifing cubes laying around, stuck vehicles but only the most serious ones like sim crashing get done.  Also, the AR categories need updated.  Ex. Teen SL does not exist and hasn't for a long time.  That category needs taken out and 2 put in its place. 1. Under 16 year old resident in any area. 2. Under 18 year old resident in a Moderate or Adult area. The Adult resident found on teen SL needs taken out.  Take out anything that your are not going to enforce anymore and add anything that you do enforce that's not in there. I would think the TOS by law would force you to update the age ones at least.

Nimh20 Vandeverre wrote:The harassment >verbal abuse needs taken out (since when can you AR for voice abuse?) The Harassment > impeding movement need removed (this one is funny) you can sit, use a movelock or go phantom. The Assault ones are never enforced and really are ridiculous. Assaut in a Combat Sandbox (huh!? Its a combat sandbox of course your going to get assaulted)

LL doesn't read or replay to posts here in this board,  The JIRA system is where you need to file your request.

Since LL doesn't tell someone that files an AR or publish statistics, you have no way of knowing that LL doesn't enforce these things for individual cases.  You may have filed a report, and seen no action taken, but the action could have been in the form of a warning or a suspension that you weren't aware of.  It is also possible that LL didn't agree that what you reported was abuse.  I can however, assure you that these things are enforced.  How long it takes them to respond to an AR varies depending on how many there are and how many LL employees are working them.

Verbal abuse by voice can be AR'd since voice was introduced.  The problem is proving it, which can be done if there were witnesses around to hear it and file abuse reports too in support of yours.

Impeding movement also is legit.  You know how to stop it, but not everyone does, especially newbs. 

Assault anywhere even a Combat Sandbox - On a combat RP or sandbox sim, it depends on the rules.  Being there in some circumstances means you consent, however most have rules against attacking observers wearing an observer tag, or someone that has disabled the combat hud or is OCC. In a LL weapons texting sandbox you are not allowed to randomly attack someone and disturb them while they work.  If you want to test weapons, then you need the consent of the other party.

I don't' need statistics to know that AR's go ignored.  Are you an employee Amethyst? How would you know? The Categories need updated especially the AGE ones--which should have been done after the teen grid was taken down.  I send in AR's for litter that greifer's leave all over the Mainland and usually does not get removed.  I hate you LL defenders I really do because are they paying you to defend them or are you paying them?

Nimh20 Vandeverre wrote:

I send in AR's for litter that greifer's leave all over the Mainland and usually does not get removed.  

This is something I've struggled for a long time over. Back when Jack Linden was still about, I caught him on a very forthright day when he let me know that object littering and encroachment tickets were pretty much shuffled to the bottom of the pile. I suppose it makes sense too: I would rate an assault above littering, for example, and attend to one over the other. Yet as an end user, I want to see both handled. Especially as says stretch into weeks, and the same little remains.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think AR reports do much good either, because the same *insert expletive here* jerks have keep griefing my neighbors (since they can't grief me..idiots).  When it comes to griefing, Linden Labs pretty much leaves you on your own. I've even tried live chat support. They just tell you to file a report. Pffft. The best thing I was able to do is have my Land owner grant me Estate Manager rights, so now I can just clean up the junk myself and ban the griefers.

• 7 months later...

Edfred Jungsten wrote:

I will attest that the majority of ARs are not being dealt with, especially in the public sandboxes. The same residents come back day after day and do the same bad behaviors despite hundreds of well documented (reporting their objects by selection, photo evidence, etc) ARs from different reporters.

It's called containment. While the griefer(s) and/or their alts are making merry at the same old places, the rest of the grid is less likely to suffer. It would be impractical and impossible for LL to post staff on the public sandboxes 24/7 to instantly delete and ban griefers, who would undoubtedly just create another alt and move around the grid more.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.