Sign in to follow this  
Fei Feng

Doctered Screen Shots

im kinda  scared  i dint do somthing and this resident  said  i did    and that she has photo  proof   im  scared that   sl wont  detect a docotored  screen shot she claims to have photo  proof  of me walking   with a  a member out and a hard rape tag   in a kids area  :/  and i did  hear cameras in that kid area so  yea im scared pleasde give me some hope that SL can  tell a doctered   screen shot from a real one:(

I kinda doubt they can tell if it's a doctored picture for sure, but usually you can see it's been edited if you look closely.. Unless she's really good at photoshop, or whatever. Linden would surely be aware that pictures can be faked though, so that alone probably isn't enough to get you banned.

A screenshot taken in SL and uploaded to inventory will display a Snapshot icon in inventory and will appear in the Photo Album folder, an image saved to someones hard drive then reuploaded to SL (doctored or otherwise) will appear in the Textures folder and will have a different icon.

When sending an Abuse Report, I believe it's only possible to include a snapshot that hasn't previously been exported from SL.

I'm not sure if LL have the ability to check sim logs, etc. for information such as what attachments an avatar was wearing at a certain time or which group they had active/what the specific group title was, but I doubt they'd consider an uploaded image file and one persons word sufficient proof to act on an allegation such as this.

Fluffy Sharkfin wrote:

I'm not sure if LL have the ability to check sim logs, etc. for information such as what attachments an avatar was wearing at a certain time or which group they had active/what the specific group title was, but I doubt they'd consider an uploaded image file and one persons word sufficient proof to act on an allegation such as this.

They certainly can check attachments from sim logs.   Spike Linden (sadly missed) once tracked down someone who was repeatedly crashing one of my sims that way.

It can be faked. Just upload the texture, aply it on a rather big prim board/panel and take a snapshot of that prim. it goes in your album folder.

True, as long as the UI isn't included in the screenshot, otherwise the time shown wouldn't correspond to the time the snapshot was created in inventory.

It's been quite a while since I filed an AR, so can't recall if the include screenshot option requires that you take one at the time of filing the report, rather than dragging one from inventory or, if that is the case, whether the UI is automatically included or can be disabled as with regular snapshots.

it has a screenshot icon , and was taken at /Giggles Beach, Club, & SHOPS (PG, GIGGLES BEACH (62, 154, 25)

i'll happily figure out a way to upload it even here....but meh....its a snapshot of a transparent **bleep** worn in a PG location..by someone named fei....whether or not its fei feng or not...has yet to be seen..