Registration API (Reg API)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some time ago I asked the question if SL's Reg API was still in operation - the short answer was no.

However, after coming across this article http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Teens_in_Second_Life I am wondering if it is back up and working. I think the problem last time was to do with SL switching from First name and Surname to a Username and the API not supporting a single username.

I am an owner of an estate and would like to offer access to just 13-15 year olds and from http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Teens_in_Second_Life this seems the way to do it.

Is anyone else alowing this age group to access their land, signing up for a SL account off their own web site?

Reg api is still used for organizations..

Organizations sponsoring under-16 Residents

Requirements for sponsoring organizations

All organizations serving users under the age of 16 must keep their estates private, with 13-15 year old accounts limited to their estate. Access to the estate by users 16 or older will be at the discretion of the owner of that estate, using estate privacy and whitelist features.

To serve 13-15 year old users, you must limit them to your Second Life estate. To do this, you must:

• Use the Registration API.
  • Have a private region (island) in Second Life.
  • Bring teens onto this island through your own website.

You can form groups that include teens and IM and exchange objects with teens who come in through your Reg API. However, in this case, these accounts will NOT be able to leave your island and visit other spaces, search within Second Life or purchase from the Marketplace. In this "closed island" model, you can form groups, IM, and exchange objects with them; but all these activities are limited to your island.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Teens_in_Second_Life

I read this, which partly makes me belive that they have sorted out the new version of the Reg API, to use single usernames, however, then looking further into it there is no confirmation of this - API examples, etc. still show it working with First names and Surnames, not Usernames.

I was wondering if SL have updated the API yet and that it will now working with usernames?

If using the Reg API it is said that those residents can not ever leave your region onto the main grid. ZThey will be bound to all your private regions... So the single names wouldnt really matter much I guess.

I have not heard anything abnout that being updated... I am not sure they will.  I would hope so. I don't see any dire need to do it

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.