please be consistent

Nina Stepford

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i see many are linking to sites that offers 'products or services'. i have been banned multiple times for crimes as minor as having a link to my site in my sig, let alone posting a link to a useful page in a thread.

is this a case of some being more equal than others?

I dont think so. You currently have your sig linking to your site as it is now. have you been repremanded for it? I have never been bothered for my sig linking to my website. but my website was for my inworld business/club and that was acceptable

The guidelines are pretty clear with a side note about signature

"Note: It is OK to have a signature line with a link to your Second Life profile or information about your Second Life business."

Many sl businesses have websites and linking to those are fine i think. Your linking, is not to a SL business is it? nor about your profile. It is a forum

So the question remains. is your forum to another virtual world? Is it about second life?

Hard to tell for me.. But also they do not read every post in here. Things usualy get reported get removed . I just thing they miss a lot and if it goes unreported it is never bothered

I think as Dilbert says, there is absolutly nothing on your website that explains what it is or what its purpose is, the only clue is the 'Inhabitants Online' section, which at a glance, would suggest you are running some sort of virtual world, which would obviously be against the rules to advertise...

Do not reference other websites offering any product or service

Maybe an 'About Us'  link with a short explanation post would help or if you are actually running your own virtual world stop being daft by trying to advertise it in your competitors forums.    

Strange... I don't need to be signed in (I don't even have an account there) to see NSFW content...

@Nina: Perhaps some of your "issues" lie therein (i.e., decidedly adult content on your site).

Beyond that... Maybe LL doesn't want you siphoning people to your own little forum from its own?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.