The SL9B Fail

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Well this news is a bummer. But I guess Oz summed it up at the TPV discussion. It's OUR business. You just play here. . .

I guess in a way this makes it like RL, with the lab being the politians nobody actually voted for who place down decisions on the rest and care not, as long as their paycheck comes in. Shame on you LL. I thought your new CEO was here to change things for the better, but it seems SL is just a cash cow now. Pay LL to do as little as possible, under the veil of 'community involvement'. Ie, get the peons to do it all whilst you count your moolah..

Personally, if LL can't be bothered to celebrate their own creation, I don't think I can be bothered.  

I am sooooo where you are, Nozomi. So much so that I finally decided to actually "vote" with the only tool I know how, and gave up my full mainland sim I'd been working for two and a half years, because I don't want my tier going to support the current Linden Labs pursuits and behavior. It's only U$2400-$3300 annually denied from their coffers (I won't be buying the extra U$50 in L$ I needed to support the place properly every month, either), so it's a relatively small vote, but in the spirit of your metaphor, it's the only vote I have.

That said, I agree with Temba - the community itself *is* going to celebrate, and it's doing a crack job at getting ready for it, from all accounts. I hope you'll join us, as we do so, in *spite* of LL. It's not the same place, but we who continue to survive the changes and thumb our noses at the rulers who do not know how to run their land are going to have a good time...

Be there or be square, kimosabe. ;)

http://sl9b.wordpress.com/ - it's alread happening there, and dozens of other places! As I said above, I'm bitter-sweet about it, because my head says BOYCOTT! DON'T GIVE IN! etc - but my heart says WE ARE FAMILY, and I can't help but join in arms when the community stands together to celebrate, if nothing else, our tenacity in making the most out of what we are given, regardless of whether the masters join us or not.

well, silly me today I am just reading all this, I dont usually come here.

This is very sad, I agree with knowl, how is a solo builder like me to meet new people, I did enjoy last years party, the little I could see of it, and I saw a linden in chat if you know what I mean, I thought they didnt really exist.

The longer I am here in sl the more isolated I am starting to feel. Good jib I like building then isnt it.

The loss of traditions is always sad , but and it is a big but we can build new tradituionsL(, and about the rose tinted glasses dont wirry, mine will always be rose tinted thats what it means I see all things that way even the negative.

I am just ssorry that my glasses are so rose tinted I never get to know half of whats going on .

So for that I thank you at least today I am seeing a little of the SL cimmunity.

well why can they not do bith ?? am I being thick here. couldnt they do a party sim and also let us do all our bits?

SLB9 is about second life party , thats them isnt it> I am a resident here but I have not been here 9 years. so it is not my party, and while I am happy to celebrate with them and contribute if so called to do so. Its not my birthday??????

I am also disappointed especially after finding out that I was banned on one of the little small exhibits where someone that I know has a paying L$ traffic device that he uses to sell his business, which I feel exploits people in Second Life. How this guy got accepted in SL9B was beyond me, unless he paid someone to setup his booth display.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.