Sign in to follow this  
Mira Kamiguwa

Mesh texture loading problems?

Hi I've uploaded a number of mesh and send them to people or sold them.  I'm getting the problem that for some the textures do not load, only partially load.  I'm wondering if it is related to texture size.  I'm currently using 512x512 textures.  I'll be thankful for any input. 

One of my favorite problems from the beta testing. It worked off and on, then stopped again, and now I just pay to upload all textures separately. Maybe we can pay Qarl to fix it.

Rusalka Writer wrote:

Maybe we can pay Qarl to fix it.

36_2_34.gifR O F L O L

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dear Qarl,

Computer.gif

I hope that you're doing well.  Hey, just a quick enquiry.  How is the mesh deformer project advancing? There is a new project waiting for your attention when you're done.

Coby :matte-motes-big-grin:

sLo_heartbeat.gif

I can say that I'm using Blender, my models are fully UV mapped, textured, material assigned, etc., and the program knows where all the textures are located. I have the current SL viewer. The model uploader does not display textures when asked to do so in the upload window, and nor does it upload the textures when asked to do so. This did work for a long time during beta testing, then stopped and has never worked that I recall while mesh has been on the main grid.

I don't understand why people like to upload their textures with the models. I always fiddle with textures after first applying them. If Iuploaded them with the model, I would incur an extra model fee and extra work every time I wanted to alter the texture. I suppose it would save some time when you have optimised everything on Aditi and then want to upload to Agni, but that's the only advantage I can think of. Can somebody tell me why I am wrong.

To upload the rigged mesh I used blender 4.49a.  The textures are uploaded separately not using the mesh upload function.    It seems to happen more when I transfer the mesh but also happens on my screen from time to time.   Reapplying the texture will fix the problem sometimes.    

I'm going to file a jira I think.