Mesh texture loading problems?

Mira Kamiguwa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I've uploaded a number of mesh and send them to people or sold them.  I'm getting the problem that for some the textures do not load, only partially load.  I'm wondering if it is related to texture size.  I'm currently using 512x512 textures.  I'll be thankful for any input. 

Rusalka Writer wrote:

Maybe we can pay Qarl to fix it.

36_2_34.gifR O F L O L

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dear Qarl,

Computer.gif

I hope that you're doing well.  Hey, just a quick enquiry.  How is the mesh deformer project advancing? There is a new project waiting for your attention when you're done.

Coby :matte-motes-big-grin:

sLo_heartbeat.gif

You don't specify in your post if the issue you're having is with all mesh or only rigged mesh, or which application you're using to create the mesh, but your post did remind me of a previous thread on this forum about a similar issue, it may be worth reading this...

Rigged mesh textures refusing to load (Maya)

I can say that I'm using Blender, my models are fully UV mapped, textured, material assigned, etc., and the program knows where all the textures are located. I have the current SL viewer. The model uploader does not display textures when asked to do so in the upload window, and nor does it upload the textures when asked to do so. This did work for a long time during beta testing, then stopped and has never worked that I recall while mesh has been on the main grid.

I don't understand why people like to upload their textures with the models. I always fiddle with textures after first applying them. If Iuploaded them with the model, I would incur an extra model fee and extra work every time I wanted to alter the texture. I suppose it would save some time when you have optimised everything on Aditi and then want to upload to Agni, but that's the only advantage I can think of. Can somebody tell me why I am wrong.

To upload the rigged mesh I used blender 4.49a.  The textures are uploaded separately not using the mesh upload function.    It seems to happen more when I transfer the mesh but also happens on my screen from time to time.   Reapplying the texture will fix the problem sometimes.    

I'm going to file a jira I think.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.