Missing avatar foot.

EbonyRaven11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

You may have been wearing a pair of shoes that come with an "alpha" which is a wearable layer that makes your foot invisible so that it doesn't show outside your shoe. It sounds like one of your shoes got detached too, meaning all you can see is the foot hidden by an alpha.

Only one foot?  That's unusual.  If you are wearing an alpha clothing layer, it should hide portions of both feet (maybe the whole foot if you are wearing boots).  I imagine that if you were somehow wearing an old-style invisiprim on one foot, it could be invisible, but it would be very unusual to have an invisiprim that isn't lined to a shoe that you are wearing as well.  In any case, the way to see what's going on is to open the WORN tab in your Inventory and see what you are wearing right now.  Start taking off things one at a time and see if anything makes your foot come back.  If so, you've found it.

It's not so unusual, I think. Certainly some of my boots (boots in particular, rather than shoes) come with both an alpha mask -- with which they're intended to be worn -- and a separate invisiprims for people using viewers that didn't support alpha masks (as not all did until comparatively recently).

Hmmm... When I sell shoes, I don't sell separate invisiprims. I just package two styles in the box -- one with an alpha mask and the other with invisiprims. I figure that it's too much to ask the average customer to mess with getting something invisible positioned properly on her feet.

Emma, there are several ways this can happen.

If you are wearing a mesh body, it comes with a full body alpha that hides all of your classic avatar from the neck down.  The mesh body is worn over it, so you will see that.  The mesh body generally comes with separate mesh feet which you need to right click in your inventory, and select ADD.  You can also add third party mesh feet.

If you are NOT wearing a mesh body,  you may be wearing an alpha mask that hides your classic avatar feet.  Many shoes are designed with a foot inside them, as well as the shoe.  The alpha mask hides your regular foot, and you wear the shoe/foot combination over it.

Many modern shoes are designed to fit third party mesh feet.  You wear an alpha mask, provided either with the shoes or the feet, and then add both the shoes and the feet objects.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.