Uploading mesh problems

Rose Bomse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you go to your account and look at Mesh Upload Status, You will see there are 2 requirements.

1 You must have payment info on file... and 2. you must pass the IP test https://secondlife.com/my/account/ip/index.php?lang=en-US

You can test mesh on the beta grid without it costing you. But keep in mind you have to take the test again on the beta website

Here is how to get to the Preview Beta Grid to test and upload mesh free of cost (everything stays on that grid)

It is also best to use viewer 3 or a viewer that is officialy equiped with upload abilities. Some older viewers can not

Lol Yes. What you do on that grid, stays on that grid, and can not be re used on the main grid... You probably got the initial 5,000

If that runs out and you have cash on the main grid. You can change your password, wait 24 hours and it will update your account on the beta to match what it is on the main grid

If your beta inventory is not synced with the main grid then changing your password catch things up

Drongle McMahon wrote:

BUT you lose anything you had in you Aditi inventory and not on Agni! Arrggghhh!

OMG. I hate using Agni. 

Why can't we simply have temporary items inwold and pay the uploading fee, when we decide to use and share them permanently. 

LL seems to hate builders :(

• 1 year later...

This is way after the fact, but I was searching for problems related to taking the IP test on the Preview Grid and found this post.

If you click the link on the Preview Grid's mesh upload window that tells you how to find out how to get approved to upload mesh, it takes you to an outdated URL.  You need to go here:

https://secondlife.aditi.lindenlab.com/my/account/ip/tutorial.php

Once you pass the IP test, you'll be able to upload mesh on the preview grid.  Passing the test on the main live grid doesn't carry over (unless it was a case where my info on Preview was just sorely outdated--if someone has taken the test on Agni and then logged into Aditi and found they could also upload mesh there, please update this post).

Note, if the URL changes again between now and the next time Linden Labs decides to restructure their web resources, you may have to do a little sleuthing to determine the new one (all I had to do was put in the correct domain name).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.