How do you earn free linden dollars?

Maliinania

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2855 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

11 answers to this question

several ways:

'money trees' are hard to find but still exist in a few zones such as 'the shelter'

camping chair 'also rare but i've seen a few in neotokyo allways full through.

fishing : 3 companies do this.. get a pole a hud got a spot with music you like sit and fish..aka click bouy.. thne click rod..wait.. click rod again.

the companies:

golden tokens: advoid them

magic fishing: you can only get your earning once a day. but it does work

7seas: i don't think you can earn lin with them.. someone correct me in i'm wrong

coin hunts ran by golden tokens: i would stick with fishing

dragons and princessess: easy and lets you explore a bit.

cone juming: 2 lin for 6 min.. but its repetative and and some of the spots are small and you have little to explore as you have to stay close to the cone.  its lin and i did it for a while... good but....boring.

Hello Maliinania,

You could look at the ad's in the employment category.

Best way to earn L$ is to work for them, most of the work is easy.

It may take a day or two, to send a message, get a Reply, and actually start working.

There are places that you can park your avatar, and go watch television in the other room while your avatar makes L$.

It's tiny amounts of L$.

Check some of the ad's

You could place your own ad in Employment requesting a Job.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Inworld-Employment/bd-p/InworldEmployment

• Like 2

If you earn them, they aren't free.  You worked for them.  Still, Knowl has the right answer.  The thing is, though, that the amount you can earn at most of those camping jobs is tiny.  You can try "earning" money by entering contest s at clubs, or by playing one of the Linden Games and picking up tokens that you can exchange for L$.   You'll never get rich that way either. If you have a good, distinctive skill at building, scripting, animation, or texturing, you can get much better L$ for your time.  Even then, though, you'll be earning much less than you could earn in RL for the same amount of work  -- probably less than minimum wage.

• Like 2

I used to get linden dollars by playing free games like zyngo (you have to win, though), camping (which was mentioned by Knowl as you can park your avatar, and go watch television in the other room while your avatar makes L$), participating in themed contests held by clubs or participating in photo contests held by clothing stores/shopping malls (and you have to win) and so on. So search in world for keywords like camp, free game, contest, and you may be able to find some I guess. But like Rolig said, keep in mind they are not cost-effective.

• Like 1

If you read the comments carefully, nobody is saying that it isn't good, safe entertainment. If you're looking for a way to make money, though. this isn't a great way to do it. You'll earn very small amounts of L$ for the amount of time you put in. You'd be much better off creating things to sell or simply buying L$ on the LindeX with your PayPal account. Games in SL are for having fun with, not for getting rich. :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2855 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.