Easiest/best way to put together an AO/animations?

Love Leonoase

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, I have an AO hud from Amacci.  I have purchased a dozen or more individual animations, and 6 months ago I created a notecard, loaded in some of the animations I had purchased, and loaded that into the AO hud.  Well now it's months later, and I feel like I am ready to grow/upgrade, yet when I went back over this process, it didn't seem very user-friendly.  Oh I'm sure I can figure out how to do it again, but it would be more like WORK than fun. 

I am wondering, why there isn't an AO hud that allows you to easily load your animations into it, where you can view what the animation looks like, and then arrange all your animations in a particular order, so that they make sense.  For example, I have a drow/cyber character.  I have an assortment of floating animations.  When I load them though, my avi will go from sitting with legs crossed, to spinning around in a circle.  The transition doesn't look natural.  I'd prefer a different order, but I don't even know how to view my animations, so that I know which is which.  All I have are the names of the animations, and my only option seems to be to just throw them on the notecard, and hope for the best.

Any of you techies, or anyone else, have any suggestions?

If you double-click on the animations in your inventory they "play" and move your avatar. You can then note what animation does what and sequence them in the notecard to transition logically. Be sure to set your AO to play them "sequentially" instead of "randomly" if that's an option.

AKEYO makes an AO system that's supposed to be able to recognize animations and configure them without notecards. You can buy an empty AO from them and put in your own animations. I'm not sure if it features custom sequencing though.

Yep, not very comfortable.

If no copy animations were bought and put into the AO there will be a little problem to play them from inventory :)

I have seen a dance hud with web based setup, (arrange with the mouse) I don't know if there exists an AO with that service.

Some TPV's (3rd party viewers like Firestorm) have a built in AO. Drag animations with the mouse from inventory into the AO setup window and arrange the order. (animations stay in inventory so can double clicked for playing the animation)

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

If you double-click on the animations in your inventory they "play" and move your avatar. You can then note what animation does what and sequence them in the notecard to transition logically. Be sure to set your AO to play them "sequentially" instead of "randomly" if that's an option.

AKEYO makes an AO system that's supposed to be able to recognize animations and configure them without notecards. You can buy an empty AO from them and put in your own animations. I'm not sure if it features custom sequencing though.

Thank you Theresa!!!

I am going to try this.

Will report back in a couple days.

Nova Convair wrote:

Yep, not very comfortable.

If no copy animations were bought and put into the AO there will be a little problem to play them from inventory
:)

I have seen a dance hud with web based setup, (arrange with the mouse) I don't know if there exists an AO with that service.

Some TPV's (3rd party viewers like Firestorm) have a built in AO. Drag animations with the mouse from inventory into the AO setup window and arrange the order. (animations stay in inventory so can double clicked for playing the animation)

Oh snap, Firestorm has a built in AO where you can drag and arrange?!?!   That is awesome!!!!!!!

All I need from Firestorm is OTR, and I'll be a happy camper. :matte-motes-smitten:

Thank you Nova

If you are making your own mix and match AO, do not expect the transitions between animations to be smooth. How smooth those transitions are is completely dependent upon the animator, and the next animation being played.

As for playing animation to see what they are, I would suggest only buying copy mod animations. After you add all the animations you want to the ao, select all of them and drag then into a folder, in your inventory. Then, you can play them freely. It might also be good to drag the notecard into your ao and edit that from your inventory also.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

If you are making your own mix and match AO, do not expect the transitions between animations to be smooth. How smooth those transitions are is completely dependent upon the animator, and the next animation being played.

As for playing animation to see what they are, I would suggest only buying copy mod animations. After you add all the animations you want to the ao, select all of them and drag then into a folder, in your inventory. Then, you can play them freely. It might also be good to drag the notecard into your ao and edit that from your inventory also.

Good ideas.  I'm hopeful that the Firestorm, or other AO suggested, will make this whole process into a fun one, versus a miserable work-oriented one!

I will only say that the built in AOs do not overide all the possible animation overrides. It will do the basics tho.

Whatever way you choose to go, I think it is well worth learning a bit about it all. It's 1 thing to buy something that is made fairly well, it is a whole other thing when you learn how to edit it and make it yours.

Have fun!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.