Everytime I log in on a specific avatar I am asked to choose my gender again and my stuff is gone.

Joyenne Antiesse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Everytime I log in on a specific avatar I am asked to choose my gender again and my stuff is gone. Also, despite having it set to login at home it logs me in to this same specific infohub. When I choose log in to last location and log out in another sim it still sends me to this same infohub. This account was reactivated a few weeks ago, but I hadn't tried logging into it until yesterday. All the stuff I bought yesterday is gone and I am now ruthed again. I can't figure out what on earth could be causing this and it's very frustrating. =/

14 answers to this question

I am also having this issue with this account, reactivated today in fact. I have tried all the bake fail tips, swapping avatar parts, clearing cache, trying different viewers-it wont fix.

If i change my avatar and log out and back in, I am asked to choose gender and my av is reset to default with none of the items I had showing up in inventory. I have a basic account, not sure filing a ticket would do any good without having premium at this point. Its frustrating. 

I found this post again for an update: 6 months later and my avatar is still non functioning. Now, what I think is they will not fix it , perhaps coaxing me into a paid account, and even then there's no promise that will work either. I don't expect things to be perfect, but I can't even use the basic functions of my avatar, like wearing outfits, changing, or even rezzing items. Out of ideas here.

Me too. It's WAY late now, but did you file a support ticket ages ago, when your account was first reactivated and had started doing this gender-confusion stuff? You could have filed a ticked in the category Account >> Account Creation Issue to remind them that the account wasn't re-activated properly.

I certainly don't either, but I'm impressed that you are so relaxed about the whole thing. If it had been my account, I would have been all over Linden Lab more than a year ago, when all of this started. There are never any guarantees that an account can be fully re-activated, but that simply means that you may lose some inventory and appearance files. Any account should have normal avatar functions.

Hi Rolig thanks for the reply. I have recently been through another round with support. They even asked to log in to my account, which I allowed. They then tell me, that they can't see anything 'wrong', as if the avatar wearing nearly everything in there and not being able to change it is expected behavior? I was then told to file *another* bug report, which I did months ago, so I am not sure what filing another would do at this point.

Basically this is what happens: I login, avatar is wearing nearly all clothing items and attachments. I remove them,remove clothing, and select one of the default inventory avatars. I then go through and delete all of my inventory stuff, empty trash and relog. Upon login, the avatar is wearing ALL the items again, all deleted items are as they were, it's like the inventory is 'frozen in place'. I have done everything, fresh installs of viewer and OS, clear cache , you name it. I have done it.

This tells me it IS something on their end, not mine. If anyone has any more suggestions at this point- I am open to them. As far as being relaxed, lol, I don't know about that. :P

Hmmm... I'd reach the opposite conclusion. If LL techs can log in and see nothing wrong with your avatar, the problem must be something on your own machine, especially since nobody else is having the same issue. It's just frustrating that there's no obvious solution.

As a chance, I logged into the beta grid and my inventory loads fine, all the items that are not wearable/rezzable on the main grid work fine on the beta grid. I still have folder craziness, like multiples of system folders, but everything works only on beta. Clearing caches fresh installs, and it's pretty much the same.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.