NEW AMAZING club needs experienced DJs!!

shaneethepain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Obviously you don't know much about DJing so I don't even see why your remarks are relevant. First off, SAM Broadcaster, Virtual DJ, and winamp are DJ mixing programs. Shoutcast is streamer.. let me break that down in a way for you specially to understand.. A streamer is radio stations that are already broadcasting. A DJ mixes their music in SAM, Virtual DJ, winamp, etc. THEN.. hold read this part carefully.. That DJ uses their own mixes of music in a PROFESSIONAL running software THEN get this dude heres the crazy part, they upload it to a streaming host! After that.. oh man.. after that they insert their own private URL from that streaming host and inserts it into SL. WOW!

You learn something new each day. Keep up your good forum replies dude!

smh.

Real people real talk?! Any?

Thank you for educating me; regretably no, I do not know much about DJing, having wasted my time finding out how computers work.

My error was in assuming that it was impossible for someone to use Shoutcast to stream their own stuff, mixed by wahtever means required.  I now see that what you really need is someone with a media player.  In any case I'm sure you'll be extremely prompt in paying royalty fees for all the music that is played in your club.

Good luck to you :-)

When you broadcast SAM is the program app(among many) you use to play/create the music, which goes through a stream to the listener. Shoutcast is merely used as the stream server HOST for most, it's the server. Regardless of what program you use to create your music or send it out to the masses, you still need a host server that can stream it out to others. SAM cannot do this on it's own, that's not what it was designed for. SAM is a broadcasting application and needs a streaming server to send that out so others can hear it. Shoutcast is the most popular host server in SL(actually it's popular worldwide, even outside of sl, but that's irrelevant). It's used by top performers, DJs and clubs all over the net as well to stream. While you CAN play others' streams that are also hosted on shoutcast that is not ALL shoutcast does, it's not even the primary function for most users. People pay to host their streams there, and some allow public use of those streams(not all do). Shoutcast is simply used to broadcast out the music(or even spoken word) to the listening audience. You need both a program(application) to create the music, and one to broadcast. Shoutcast cannot create on it's own,a nd SAM cannot broadcast on it's own.

I was going to pass this thread on to a great group of DJs I know but I'm not real sure they want to work with someone who tells others they don't know what they're talking about...yet they don't know the difference between a broadcasting application and a host server.

Thank you Tari for that reply. Someone gets it. All of our employees are treated like family, no problems. I'm always more than glad to help people understand things they don't get. But when someone who doesn't need to give their smart remarks when they are not even a DJ.. I'm going to tell them how it is. Don't come at me with an attitude. I'm very respectful in SL and RL =]

Thank you for the ones who have contacted me inworld.. Most looking good. =]

keep em coming.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I know this post is kind of old, but if you still had any DJ positions available, I would like to sign up. Please let me know how to get the info on the application process.

Thanks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.