I'd like

555 Hurricane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can understand the desire to find companions of a similar age. I often find that I have nothing in common with younger residents - although they may be very nice people, we have no common experience and it's much harder to keep a friendskhip going without common ground.

RoderickVaughn wrote:

I can understand the desire to find companions of a similar age. I often find that I have nothing in common with younger residents - although they may be very nice people, we have no common experience and it's much harder to keep a friendskhip going without common ground.

I try so hard to find similar ground with the youth of today, but I get so caught up in their sense of entitlement I have such a difficult time relating.  I, too, like kind, intelligent, and humorous conversation so I avoid the nonsense associated with younger people.   I look at it more like they prefer to be in my company much more than I prefer to be in their company.  

Shockwave Yareach wrote:

Since the oldest resident won't even be 10 years old, that's gonna be a hard one to locate.

If you mean in RL, why should the RL age matter to you?

Finding someone of a similiar age, at least of your own generation, gives you a commonality of some RL experiences that you can share and can be the basis of a great friendship and relationship.  It is possible for two people with a wide age difference to find the same in a relationship, but its not common for the type of relationship I think the OP is looking for. 

Although I do have friends of different ages, I have to agree that it is nice to meet others with an age somewhat closer to mine. And if one is looking for someone to share common interests with they are more likely to find that with a person closer to their age than someone 20 or more years younger.

In the case of the OP, being as intelligent and pleasant as she is I have no doubt she could hold her own with anyone or anyplace she went. I suspect it is more a matter of comfort

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.