Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

A man who loves to write verse
Has bits of it stuffed in his purse.
He frets about rhyme
Nearly all of the time.
He’s addicted, for better or worse.

Limerick by Madeleine Begun Kane (adapted)

Would anyone like to discuss obsessions in SL relationships?  Have you been involved in a relationship that would be considered obsessive?  What are your obsessions?  

My obsession is writing love poems/songs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites


PudgyPaddy wrote:

A man who loves to write verse

Has bits of it stuffed in his purse.

He frets about rhyme

Nearly all of the time.

He’s addicted, for better or worse.

 

Limerick by Madeleine Begun Kane (adapted)

 

Would anyone like to discuss obsessions in SL relationships?  Have you been involved in a relationship that would be considered obsessive?  What are your obsessions?  

 

My obsession is writing love poems/songs. 

i think that SL is loaded w/ obsessive/compulsive ppl .. this isnt necessarily a bad thing .. scripting & building require focused attention, 4 instance .. but when it comes to relationships .. obsession can become really creepy ..

when i was new to SL back last august i almost immediately had a boyfriend .. he was nice .. took me places, showed me around, showed me how to build stuff .. but he was obsessed too .. IMed me immediately when i logged in .. wouldnt leave me alone long enuf to put an outfit 2gether .. demanded to know where id been, what id been doing & who with .. woulding let me hang out w/ my sister w/out pestering me .. he was also obsessed w/ 'dirty' slex .. down in sewers & subways, on car hoods, on pool tables, on hard concrete .. never in a bed or somewhere soft .. i know i know .. in SL why does it matter? its not like anything really hurts .. but what you do in SL is symbolic .. i wanted tenderness & softness but what i wanted didnt count .. i ended up dumping him ~the language & time zone differences didnt help the situation~ & blocking him when he wouldnt stop IMing me ..

my next SL BF was better .. spoke english well .. an educated intellectual .. soon turned out he was obsessed w/ bdsm stuff .. which i went along w/ .. once again doesnt really hurt .. but id bought the Mama Allpa hud & kinduv wanted to RP being a family .. neither of these guys was the least bit interested in that !! both thot it was stupid .. being a family was stupid but tying me up & being mean to me wasnt .. go figure !! so it wasnt the bdsm stuff per se that made me finally dump him .. it was that what he wanted was all important but what i wanted didnt mean anything .. oh well .. his loss :P

my current SL BF has the male Mama Allpa & im pregnant .. hes much more considerate of my feelings .... yet .. hes started bugging me about voice & cam & meeting up in RL .. so far its not become obsessive but seems like he bugs me more & more about it .. why oh why cant guys just have fun in SL !! w/out the obsession creeping in ?!?! obsession is what ruins SL fun .. if you ask me

Jeanne

Link to post
Share on other sites

ob·ses·sion.

 

1. Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety.
2. A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion.
......................................................................................................................................
hmmm obsessive relationships?  Nasty & if you see one, run in the other direction.  Don't let them suck you into the drama!
...
obsessions?  Yes, haagen daz coffee ice cream ... in RL :)
 
Link to post
Share on other sites


Rival Destiny wrote:

ob·ses·sion
.

 
1. Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety.
2. A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion.
......................................................................................................................................
hmmm obsessive relationships?  Nasty & if you see one, run in the other direction.  Don't let them suck you into the drama!
...
obsessions?  Yes, haagen daz coffee ice cream ... in RL
:)
 

OMG *HIGH FIVES* ..now I want some! A close second is Dolce de leche....mmmmm!

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I will bite.

My 'obsession' was well-described in an OP I wrote over one year ago.  My obsession is small talk.  You know what I mean.  The idle chit-chat that happens when two people are close.  Frequently, but not all of the time, small talk happens after a couple has been, ahem, close...very close.  Lick off your sweat close.

Anyway, it is something I appreciate and enjoy most of all....small...talk.  This is my obsession.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Venus Petrov wrote:

Anyway, it is something I appreciate and enjoy most of all....small...talk.  This is my obsession.

 

 

I had always thought of that as 'pillow talk', and small talk would just be normal chit-chat about unimportant things. Hmmm...

 

I'm not aware of being obsessive about anything, but I'm certainly what I would call "compulsively impulsive" in SL.. aloft on the wind and spur of the moment. Still not sure if it's a bad thing or a good thing, but nothing bad has happened yet because of it, and it's kind of liberating and carefree.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Dana Hickman wrote:


Venus Petrov wrote:

Anyway, it is something I appreciate and enjoy most of all....small...talk.  This is my obsession.

 

 

I had always thought of that as 'pillow talk', and small talk would just be normal chit-chat about unimportant things. Hmmm...

 

I'm not aware of being obsessive about anything, but I'm certainly what I would call "compulsively impulsive" in SL.. aloft on the wind and spur of the moment. Still not sure if it's a bad thing or a good thing, but nothing bad has happened yet because of it, and it's kind of liberating and carefree.

You might be obsessive about what things are called.  :)  I use 'small talk' to refer to both types of situations.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Venus Petrov wrote:


Dana Hickman wrote:


Venus Petrov wrote:

Anyway, it is something I appreciate and enjoy most of all....small...talk.  This is my obsession.

 

 

I had always thought of that as 'pillow talk', and small talk would just be normal chit-chat about unimportant things. Hmmm...

 

I'm not aware of being obsessive about anything, but I'm certainly what I would call "compulsively impulsive" in SL.. aloft on the wind and spur of the moment. Still not sure if it's a bad thing or a good thing, but nothing bad has happened yet because of it, and it's kind of liberating and carefree.

You might be obsessive about what things are called. 
:)
  I use 'small talk' to refer to both types of situations.

Lol! Naw, I'm learning here :matte-motes-wink-tongue: Just never heard it called that before is all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I've had people become so obsessed with me to the point I just blocked/ignored them off of MSN/YIM/whereever we met. I stopped online dating because I really don't know what the other person is like outside of those messengers or websites. I've also met girls who turned out to be guys, so I stopped dating girls online and everywhere unless they show pics first with a timestamp

Link to post
Share on other sites


LuciaRiley wrote:

I've had people become so obsessed with me to the point I just blocked/ignored them off of MSN/YIM/whereever we met. I stopped online dating because I really don't know what the other person is like outside of those messengers or websites. I've also met girls who turned out to be guys, so I stopped dating girls online and everywhere unless they show pics first with a timestamp

it's all about the hit n run..don't stick around long enough for anyone to get a plate number LOL

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


LuciaRiley wrote:

ain't my problem most people in SL are fakes.

 

i  was referring to them becoming obsessive..it was just me being silly  hehehe

as far as people being fakes in a virtual cartoon world..seriously?

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...