SL Voice Not Working

Nyxnue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2005 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok...I'm adding to this year old thread too because my voice prob is absolute and recent..   Sl Voice will not work in SL v3 or the latest FS.  HOWEVER it will work in the old (latest version though) Phoenix browser.  This would be no problem for me to just use Phoenix except that the FS people say it won't work pretty soon because of technical changes coming to SL soon (if not in place already).

So I spent 4 hours with one of their techs going through the complete troubleshooting guide to get SL Voice in FS to work, and it never did for FS and SL v3 browsers.  So I'm hoping that old Phoenix working and the new hotshot browsers NOT working might give a hint to the problem.  And, yes, every trick mentioned in this thread I HAVE tried.  BTW:  my OS is Win XP sp3.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have same Problem  i can hear the music in sl but no voice chat and  i cant use my mic   i cant hear ppls  this is happen with me last few weeks  i try to use diffreant viwer  but Problem is still there  pls let me  know if u find out 

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello-I have the same problem-voice has always worked in SL then the last few days no voice. I have tried all the htings you  have done and nothing. My computer tells me my Mic is working. I usually use Firestorm but have tried the SL viewer as well. Like you say there has to be someone out there who knows what the problem is. If anyone resolves it they will have my undying gratitude.

Hi-seems like lots of us are having the same problem-I have used SL for years and never had a voice problem until a few days ago-how do we get something done about it-can we let SL Lindens know this is happening and see if they can fix it?

Have you tried logging directly into a different region to see if voice will connect?

There are a lot of regions suffering from the "Bad Gateway" voice bug at the moment & anyone who logs into one of those regions will have broken voice for the rest of that session, even after going to a different region.

If the problem is limited to logging into a certain region then that region needs to be restarted to fix it.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/13/2012 at 12:35 PM, pol March said:

Sorry, but there is nothing in the whole description that can help me.

And still, the problem exists.

I've done some tests: when I run SL with the av with voice, slvoice start as well, And when I stop slvoice, after a few seconds slvoice restart automatically, what seems normal to me. But when I run SL with my own av, slvoice starts as well, but doesn't work, And when I stop slvoice, it will NOT restart. There must be somewhere a switch or a boolean with a wrong value ...

Is there no one there, who understands what is happening?   

OMG DO I feel your pain. Windows updated on me and when it did I did not have any sound. SO ok I got my sound back on after updating drivers and what not. Ensuring this default or that default was set. I log onto SL and No voice. I tried a relog, nothing. I went to preferences ( I use firestorm ) checked to see that voice was turned on, toggled it on and off many times tried refreshing it. Went below and made sure that the "default" devices were turned on and tried several different versions of said devices JUST to be sure. I had loged and restarted SL several times in doing this. I checked fire walls, I checked for updates on my system and sound card etc. I went to Sound Echo Island in SL. I have checked to see whether or not up in the upper right hand corner that the slider was all the way over and it was turned on. I checked rechecked double triple quasi pie checked over and over and over again EVERYTHING. YES I even tried to use other third party viewers AND I even loged on to the default viewer ( shudders ) I have tried EVERYTHING ABSOLUTELY possible other than to ask Firestorm support who will just go " here read this wiki " which will just be a repeat of everything I've done. SO are there any Techy savy peps out their with a plausible idea WTF happend durring the windows update that I no longer have voice? stoopid replies will me met with an ice cold glare of death. 

9 hours ago, Roary McGillivary said:

... WTF happend durring the windows update that I no longer have voice? stoopid replies will me met with an ice cold glare of death. 

I lost voice following that big update. After trying a myriad of things I found that in Microphone privacy settings that Allow apps to access your microphone was set to off. Turning that on fixed my voice. YMMV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2018 at 1:50 AM, ReadingMASK said:

I lost voice following that big update. After trying a myriad of things I found that in Microphone privacy settings that Allow apps to access your microphone was set to off. Turning that on fixed my voice. YMMV.

I will give that a try, I also changed my SL voice settings to not just private but to public too. that seemed to help and at least give me a Yellow icon. So I tried it and IT WORKED ! I have voice back. Thank you Whirly 

Edited by Roary McGillivary

Anyone know what it means when you cannot use voice on your main account and get the 'port connection error' prompt,

but when you log onto an alt account on the same pc, voice connects just fine?

Because this is the dilemma I'm dealing with right now.

And now the port error prompt looks like pure bs when I can use voice just fine on another account on the same pc.

Edited by Amxha

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/11/2012 at 7:15 PM, Nyxnue said:

ello! I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue? I normally use Firestorm, and yes I have checked their site did all they said....still not working. They said if you do all they say to do and its still not working then its to do with SL Servers.

Up until last night  my voice worked fine. My friend's worked up until two nights agao (night befor mine and another friend's voice quit on us). She used a different third party viewer from what I use, and hers quit working. She downloaded Firestorm to see if it will work...still nothing...then she downloads Second Life's main viewer....and guess what...still the same thing. Then suddenly last night mine and another friend's voice stop working. Also this other friend keeps getting a blue screen when he is in sl after a few hours. Yet his other game he plays he has no issue what so ever. We dont have problems with voice when we use skype or any other IM programs.

Both mine and ,y friend's pc's are brand new...mine is brand new out of the box with 4gb memory, 750 gb hard drive AMD Radeon dual core processor . His specs are near the same as mine. Since we have had no issues up until yesterday, and I have checked everywhere I could possibly check and doing everything Firestorm's site tells us to do....and them stating it has to be with SL servers if none of that stuff worked....not to mention the same thing happens on other 3rd party viewers and your own SL Viewer.

Can someone please fix this or atleast figure out why this happens?

Thanks!

Nyxnue Resident

Both my boyfriend and I are having voice problems, which i never have on this computer. Then when i switched to my personal computer it worked fine i definitely think this has something to do with the current Grid problems we are having. Boyfriend even did a clean install just in case, so we are fairly certain it is all connected. but i guess we wont know for sure until they fix the grid problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2005 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.