where can I buy realistic looking hair as all the hair I've seen doesn't move naturally...

roxyangel007

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

13 answers to this question

Roxy,

Wanting to be beautiful and having natural looking hair is always a challenge in SecondLife. My fave places for Hair are Damselfly & Truth. There are many many other wonderful hair emporiums as well.

Thoughts:

When walking normally using a good AO the hair from these designers will flow so nicely to those looking at you. It's also important to avail yourself of the sizing options included on higher end hair products. You can use the "All Prims" options to get the hair 95% there. I also use the "This Prim" option to fine tune the individual hair prim textures that may look a bit off place after resizing using the "All Prims" option. Once my hair is perfect I'll delete the scripts in my hair to prevent accidental selection and changes that can occur and too lessen my impact on the regions I visit. BTW - Always make a copy of your hair object/color into a folder named "Fitted & Script Free" before modifying it. This way if you change your shape in the future, you can make a new fitted version of your hair with the new shape.

Long hair physics are interesting when on pose ball sets. The longer the hair, the more likely you will see it poking through your body on poses where your head is thrown back. As a Model, I've collected my hair color and styles in all possible lengths and waviness. This way, when needing to pose for pictures, I can pick a style & length that does not protrude through my body.

Unfortunately, our bodies do not offer resistance to hair textures. Therefore, designers can't accurately script the physics reactions for that.

Note: Quality hair is a blessing in SL and is rarely free with the exceptions of a merchant offering a free or L$1 single color package as a loss leader and/or a Demo package so you can see if the style works for your face shape. I recommend always getting the demos and trying them on for size before spending your hard earned Lindens.

Use the Marketplace to look for eyes and larger hair merchants. There are wonderful free and affordable custom eyes available there.

• Like 4

I'd also recommend checking out the hair from .:EMO-tions, Maitreya and Amacci (who do very nice eyes, too).    Though there's so many places in SL selling nice eyes.

A lot of SL hair is designed to be worn with either a hairbase or a tattoo layer, which hides any "bald patches".   You might want to check if your hair needs such assistance.

• Like 1

TheAttic by Blue Hoisan has amazing mesh eyes! They come with a HUD which means you can change them to every color in the rainbow! You can also change one at a time to have a blue and a hazel eye for example.

Loved them the moment I saw them and have been wearing them ever since! If you need a LM hit me up n.n She also has demo masks with the eyes so you can see how they look in game as opposed to seeing them in a picture :P

• Like 2

The places mentioned (especially Amacci and Damselfly) have very nice hair.  I'd also add Analog Dog.  The Dog's hair also moves well, but differently than other makers.  It works especially well with straight styles, like the "Chicago flapper" bob called "Sasha".

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.