Sign in to follow this  
Lynna Yorcliffe

Message forwarding malfunction - capped messages

Hi, I have set my account in both the viewer and on the web site to forward any messages I receive while online to my email. However it is NOT working and every time I log on I get a message that my messages have been capped. I did not see any way to report a malfunction of this type through the help / support form. I would appreciate if Linden support staff could look into this since there's no way to contact about this type of issue - through the normal channels available on a basic account.

Thanks,

Lynna

yeah - I checked the account and the email address and its all correct. I get some stuff but I dont get any personal instant messages forwarded. Seems only group notices make it through

i thought that even though they still go to email  that you still get them inworld as well and your messeges still cap anyways ..

i just thought messeges to email  was so you didn't miss any..that they would all be in your email..

it's been so long since i've had mine on that it may not be the same as before..

i used to get them in both..

Messages will get capped over 25 (I believe that's the number). That's expected behavior. That happens either way.

However, when you have email forwarding, messages that would otherwise get dropped will go to your email.

I don't think the messages-to-email feature is suppsoe to prevent capping. For me, sometimes even when messages are capped I still don't get every single IM via email. I think it has always just been messed up that way.