What happened in History on this date

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

4-21-1738    
George "I cannot tell a lie" Washington nicks the bark on his father's prize young English cherry tree with his new hatchet, bringing about its eventual demise. When queried by his father, George humbly admits the deed, gaining his, and the world's, everlasting trust. Thrilled by his success, George runs two miles through the woods to tell his neighbor and friend Lucifer Williams that William's strategy of "gaining credence by admitting guilt" actually works. Washington grows up to become a master of military deception and first President of the United States.

4-21-1975    
A young Madelaine McMasters proudly exclaims "Look Mom, no hands!" just moments before being rushed indoors to have asphalt stains scraped off her front teeth.

maddy if i had an imagination like u i would be dangerous lol great stuffs.

4-22-2162
    The failure of laws to keep up with technology, and the perils of long term space travel collide head on when, two years into Earth's first interstellar space mission, ship's chef Mortimer "MmmMmmGood" McKinnen poisons his crewmate Lumbar "Ptooey" Swiggenton, who just never appreciated his cooking. McKinnen is sentenced to death by hanging, a process that lasts nearly 26 years, ending as the ship finally enters the atmosphere of Cygnus Centauri 3 and experiences gravity for the first time since launch.

I love that one lol

mmmm

4-23-12    user emmettcullen recieves news from his high school teacher that he has accomplished a achievement. top 20% in the nation on a finance exam. no big deal but i love to show my achievements.

4-23-19    today user hippie bowman will finally reach the outer area of the atmostpher of a unknown planet while taking a tour with his freinds. linden labs will soon ban outer space travel 3 days later and declare hippie bowman the one and only to travel in the outer realms of the grid. in other news it will have a very rainny day in Seattle and the baseball team New York Yankees will have a record of 0-17 not winning a single game.

4-23-44   user hippie bowman will decide to run for linden inworld president of the grid and suprisingly recieve 95% vote from all regualer members and residents of the grid. his main goal is to reestablish outer space travel on the grid which was banned just 3 days less of 25 years ago. in other news german and french troops drive into spain to pick up enough troops to travel to america and begin the fourth world war. all four nations are on the same side of the war against italy, brazil, iraq, china, and japan. the war is on size of there computer drives and why there systems cannot handle the newest viewer. for sl...... viewer 35.    phoniex...   5.6.3.2500     firestorm.... 6.7.7.45400    america and allies will find that they will win and control all of the worlds computers.

Phil Deakins wrote:

4-22-2162
    The failure of laws to keep up with technology, and the perils of long term space travel collide head on when, two years into Earth's first interstellar space mission, ship's chef Mortimer "MmmMmmGood" McKinnen poisons his crewmate Lumbar "Ptooey" Swiggenton, who just never appreciated his cooking. McKinnen is sentenced to death by hanging, a process that lasts nearly 26 years, ending as the ship finally enters the atmosphere of Cygnus Centauri 3 and experiences gravity for the first time since launch.

I love that one lol

Me too Phil!

Peace!

emmettcullen93 wrote:

mmmm

4-23-12    user emmettcullen recieves news from his high school teacher that he has accomplished a achievement. top 20% in the nation on a finance exam. no big deal but i love to show my achievements.

4-23-19    today user hippie bowman will finally reach the outer area of the atmostpher of a unknown planet while taking a tour with his freinds. linden labs will soon ban outer space travel 3 days later and declare hippie bowman the one and only to travel in the outer realms of the grid. in other news it will have a very rainny day in Seattle and the baseball team New York Yankees will have a record of 0-17 not winning a single game.

4-23-44   user hippie bowman will decide to run for linden inworld president of the grid and suprisingly recieve 95% vote from all regualer members and residents of the grid. his main goal is to reestablish outer space travel on the grid which was banned just 3 days less of 25 years ago. in other news german and french troops drive into spain to pick up enough troops to travel to america and begin the fourth world war. all four nations are on the same side of the war against italy, brazil, iraq, china, and japan. the war is on size of there computer drives and why there systems cannot handle the newest viewer. for sl...... viewer 35.    phoniex...   5.6.3.2500     firestorm.... 6.7.7.45400    america and allies will find that they will win and control all of the worlds computers.

OH that is good Emmett!

Peace!

4-23-65,000,000BC   The Tertiary period kicks off with a bang when dinosaur astronomer Tyrone "Dr. T" Rex fails to detect the approaching Chicxulub asteroid. Archaeologists eventually discover that Dr. Rex's oversight was likely the result of pushing his telescope off course with his nose every time he reached for the focus knob with his too-short arms.

4-23-2011    Facebook's chat support lines are swamped when users of the game "Farmville" report the mysterious appearance of crop circles.

4-23-2013    The TSA suffers yet another embarrassment when it is revealed that airport full body scanners appear to show that everyone is actually Rick Astley.

• Like 1

4-23-65,000,000BC
   The Tertiary period kicks off with a bang when dinosaur astronomer Tyrone "Dr. T" Rex fails to detect the approaching Chicxulub asteroid. Archaeologists eventually discover that Dr. Rex's oversight was likely the result of pushing his telescope off course with his nose every time he reached for the focus knob with his too-short arms.

4-23-2011    
Facebook's chat support lines are swamped when users of the game "Farmville" report the mysterious appearance of crop circles.

4-23-2013
    The TSA suffers yet another embarrassment when it is revealed that airport full body scanners appear to show that everyone is actually Rick Astley.

LOL!  I just love it!  Rick Astley!  HEHE!

Peace!

Good morning all!  Happy Tuesday April the 24th!  Today is my partner LadySues Birthday!  YAY!  I love you LadySue.  Here is todays history lesson for April the 24th!

Peace!

Good day all!  Its the 25th of April!  Here is today in history!

Crazy Last Lap Crash in the NASCAR Nationwide Series @ Talladega - April 25th 2010

Peace!

4-25-2013   Danica Patrick wins at Talladega. Fans are stunned when Patrick emerges from the car after her victory lap wearing a Versace sequined gown and Jimmy Chou strappy sandals. She entered the car at the beginning of the race wearing the traditional race jumpsuit and helmet. Careful analysis of race footage later shows that Patrick changed clothes during the race and crossed the finish line while touching up her lipstick in the rear view mirror.

4-25-2025   James Cameron of Planetary Resources releases video imagery of the company's first successful "lasso" of a mineral rich asteroid. A robotic survey of the asteroid's surface reveals three volcanoes (two still active) some beobab trees and a single rose.

4-25-2025  During a post-mortem analysis of LL server code, open-source coders discover that SL's ubiquitous plywood boxes actually contain sheep.

4-25-2013
  Danica Patrick wins at Talladega. Fans are stunned when Patrick emerges from the car after her victory lap wearing a Versace sequined gown and Jimmy Chou strappy sandals. She entered the car at the beginning of the race wearing the traditional race jumpsuit and helmet. Careful analysis of race footage later shows that Patrick changed clothes during the race and crossed the finish line while touching up her lipstick in the rear view mirror.

4-25-2025
   James Cameron of Planetary Resources releases video imagery of the company's first successful "lasso" of a mineral rich
. A robotic survey of the asteroid's surface reveals three volcanoes (two still active) some beobab trees and a single rose.

4-25-2025
  During a post-mortem analysis of LL server code, open-source coders discover that SL's ubiquitous plywood boxes actually contain sheep.

LOL! Sheep in those boxes huh!  LOL!

Peace!

lolololol sheep in boxes that would be a good breedable. hehe

back on the 23rd i posted.....

mmmm

now today

4-26-19   linden labs bans outer space travel on the grid and declares the user Hippie Bowman as the only user to explore the outer realms of the grid. as for the yankees hmmmm 0-20 losing to the pitsburg pirates in a general game.

4-26-49 5 years and 3 days after Hippie Bowman decided to run for president of the grid and won he is forced to choose who his vice president will be and recieve approval from the linden family. so hippie you better start to think on who you will choose. :D

Good morning everyone!  Today is April the 26th.  Here is todays history.

Peace!

4-26-1936    After appearing sullen and withdrawn at the dinner table, 17 year old Theodore "Two Ton" Tenson retires to his bedroom. An hour later, when queried by his mother, Tenson refuses to come out, saying he's "feeling blue". The phrase "feeling blue" would eventually become synonymous with depression.

4-26-1937    Theodore Tenson and his visibly pregnant girlfriend Beatrice "Blue" Bonette are married in a brief civil ceremony at City Hall. Parents of the bride and groom were present.

4-26-2013    Occupy Wall St protestors with extra time on their hands demand the recall of all Radio Flyer wagons because they neither have radios nor fly. Angry children hurl their wagons off rooftops onto the protesters yelling "Half right is not alright!"

4-26-2013    
Occupy Wall St protestors with extra time on their hands demand the recall of all Radio Flyer wagons because they neither have radios nor fly. Angry children hurl their wagons off rooftops onto the protesters yelling "Half right is not alright!"

lol ill invent a radio flyer wagon with wings if they pay me. i owe a few ppl some cash so...... got to get it some how. :D

and btw im not going into protesting i will just build stuff inworld. :)

Good morning all!  Today is April the 27th.  Here is todays history lesson.

Peace!

4-27-2010    "Peanuts" piano prodigy Schroeder celebrates the bicentennial of Beethoven's "Fur Elise" by playing it non-stop until Lucy goes away.

4-27-2012    Asteroid mining startup Planetary Resources offers failed presidential candidate Newt Gingrich a seat on their first mission. Company scientists explain to Gingrich that asteroids are vastly smaller than the Moon, on which Gingrich had planned to build a permanent base and declare US sovereignty. Gingrich immediately begins preparations by saving up all the little American flags that hold the olives in his martinis.

4-27-2010
   "Peanuts" piano prodigy Schroeder celebrates the bicentennial of Beethoven's "Fur Elise" by playing it non-stop until Lucy goes away.

4-27-2012
   Asteroid mining startup Planetary Resources offers failed presidential candidate Newt Gingrich a seat on their first mission. Company scientists explain to Gingrich that asteroids are vastly smaller than the Moon, on which Gingrich had planned to build a permanent base and declare US sovereignty. Gingrich immediately begins preparations by saving up all the little American flags that hold the olives in his martinis.

LOL!  I look forward to your post everyday Maddy!  BTW.  I can play Fur Elise on the piano from memory!  Was the very first song i memorized!  Woot!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.