What happened in History on this date

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

emmettcullen93 wrote:

for 1775 the shot heard around the world... i am related to that general who order first shots on the british actually.

1939  conneticut finally approves the bill of rights. (148 years late)

2012   hippie bowmans post of
 gets its 100th post.

2029  a all out war is brought up in sl between the elite and noobs on who should sell what where. (my guess is somebody had a bad hair day and blew up at the wrong person.) lol

Good morning Emmett!  Goot stuff.  LOL!

Peace!

4-19-2012 Second Life™ Resident Valerie Inshan posts her 8000th in the SL Forums, surpassing the collective output of all Lindens since the inception of SL. Inshan's accomplishment, like Irene Muni's before her, is all the more impressive considering that English is a second language for both. When queried about both Inshan and Muni, forumites offered high praise, including "Their answers actually make sense." and "They're hot!".

Never one to leave a good idea go unexpoilted (sic), Linden Lab immediately places hiring advertisements in the classified sections of foreign newspapers. Poor wording and a lack of cultural awareness result in LL being widely perceived as an international marriage brokerage.

Events on April 20:

... The beginning and the beginning of an end ...

1889 – Adolf Hitler was born, dictator of Nazi Germany
1945 – World War II: Fuehrerbunker: Adolf Hitler makes his last trip to the
              surface to award Iron Crosses to boy soldiers of the Hitler Youth.
              Only ten days later he died in his bunker.

Good morning all!  Its Friday the 20th!  Here is todays history lesson!

Peace!

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

4-19-2012
Second Life™ Resident Valerie Inshan posts her 8000th in the SL Forums, surpassing the collective output of all Lindens since the inception of SL. Inshan's accomplishment, like Irene Muni's before her, is all the more impressive considering that English is a second language for both. .

wooot

"They're hot!".

lol

has to agree.

4-20-1872    SF bars are established

4-20-2012   forums news.   friday has finally come for the residents of linden labs some dont mind others scream tgif to some of the elite posters in the forums. news has come of valerie inshans partner has returned from the hospital. woot. good news has come.

4-20-1993    Doris "Dumpling" and Roscoe "Rolly" Cullen are blissfully unaware that their bouncing baby boy Emmett, who is just showing signs of colic that will persist into his teens, will, in exactly 19 years, write his 800th post in the SL forums.

4-20-2012    Sim borders across SL become clogged with frenises as LL releases Beta Pathfinding and it is quicky discovered that male attachments refuse to pull over and ask for directions.

4-20-1993    
Doris "Dumpling" and Roscoe "Rolly" Cullen are blissfully unaware that their bouncing baby boy Emmett, who is just showing signs of colic that will persist into his teens, will, in exactly 19 years, write his 800th post in the SL forums.

4-20-2012    
Sim borders across SL become clogged with frenises as LL releases Beta Pathfinding and it is quicky discovered that male attachments refuse to pull over and ask for directions.

LOL Maddy!  Classic!

Peace!

Happy weekend all!  Here is today in history!

Peace!

4-21-1738    George "I cannot tell a lie" Washington nicks the bark on his father's prize young English cherry tree with his new hatchet, bringing about its eventual demise. When queried by his father, George humbly admits the deed, gaining his, and the world's, everlasting trust. Thrilled by his success, George runs two miles through the woods to tell his neighbor and friend Lucifer Williams that William's strategy of "gaining credence by admitting guilt" actually works. Washington grows up to become a master of military deception and first President of the United States.

4-21-1975    A young Madelaine McMasters proudly exclaims "Look Mom, no hands!" just moments before being rushed indoors to have asphalt stains scraped off her front teeth.

4-21-1738    
George "I cannot tell a lie" Washington nicks the bark on his father's prize young English cherry tree with his new hatchet, bringing about its eventual demise. When queried by his father, George humbly admits the deed, gaining his, and the world's, everlasting trust. Thrilled by his success, George runs two miles through the woods to tell his neighbor and friend Lucifer Williams that William's strategy of "gaining credence by admitting guilt" actually works. Washington grows up to become a master of military deception and first President of the United States.

4-21-1975    
A young Madelaine McMasters proudly exclaims "Look Mom, no hands!" just moments before being rushed indoors to have asphalt stains scraped off her front teeth.

LOL Maddy!  /me sends you some stain remover!

Peace!

Hippie, check your newspaper or on the internet to see when your local astronomy club has "Star Parties". Then find your spot in Florida here...

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/cities/region.cgi?country=United_States&region=Florida

And see if the ISS is visible during a star party. If it is, zoom over there and see if you can get one of the club members to try to follow the ISS with their finder scope while you look through the telescope eyepiece. If you are lucky, you will get a brief glimpse of something that looks a li'l like a dragonfly as the telescope driver tries to chase the ISS across the sky.

If you have a friend with a telescope, see if they're interested in trying this. I've done it many times and it's wonderful.

Hippie, check your newspaper or on the internet to see when your local astronomy club has "Star Parties". Then find your spot in Florida here...

And see if the ISS is visible during a star party. If it is, zoom over there and see if you can get one of the club members to try to follow the ISS with their finder scope while you look through the telescope eyepiece. If you are lucky, you will get a brief glimpse of something that looks a li'l like a dragonfly as the telescope driver tries to chase the ISS across the sky.

If you have a friend with a telescope, see if they're interested in trying this. I've done it many times and it's wonderful.

I have a telescope!  I will check it out!  Thanks!

Peace!

Hippie Bowman wrote:

I have a telescope!  I will check it out!  Thanks!

Peace!

/me slaps her forehead. Of course you do!!!! We'll chat in world about how best to do it!

Happy Sunday everyone!  Here is to today in history!

Peace!

4-22-2013     The pinnacle of stealth technology is reached when the US military is unable to find it's prototype F-U2 spyplane, which was scheduled for its maiden flight later that day.

4-22-2162     The failure of laws to keep up with technology, and the perils of long term space travel collide head on when, two years into Earth's first interstellar space mission, ship's chef Mortimer "MmmMmmGood" McKinnen poisons his crewmate Lumbar "Ptooey" Swiggenton, who just never appreciated his cooking. McKinnen is sentenced to death by hanging, a process that lasts nearly 26 years, ending as the ship finally enters the atmosphere of Cygnus Centauri 3 and experiences gravity for the first time since launch.

4-22-2013
    The pinnacle of stealth technology is reached when the US military is unable to find it's prototype F-U2 spyplane, which was scheduled for its maiden flight later that day.

4-22-2162
    The failure of laws to keep up with technology, and the perils of long term space travel collide head on when, two years into Earth's first interstellar space mission, ship's chef Mortimer "MmmMmmGood" McKinnen poisons his crewmate Lumbar "Ptooey" Swiggenton, who just never appreciated his cooking. McKinnen is sentenced to death by hanging, a process that lasts nearly 26 years, ending as the ship finally enters the atmosphere of Cygnus Centauri 3 and experiences gravity for the first time since launch.

26 years hanging in 0 G!  HEHEH!

Peace!

Good morning all!  Its Monday the 23rd of April!  Here is todays history lesson.

Video from 4/23/11

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.