IMs from objects in V3

Innula Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This question arises from a conversation we're having over in the General Discussion forum.

As far as I remember, in V2 if you got an instant message from an object, it appeared in your normal chat history, in a different colour, and you could click on the name of the sending object to see details of the owner and a slurl for the object.

In V3, you just seem to get a simple notification pop-up, with no obvious way of seeing anything about the object that's IMing you.   If you're offline and the IM goes to email, you get the details -- who the object belongs to, and where it is.   Is there a way of seeing this information in the viewer, though, that I've missed?

ETA -- Aha!  This seems only to happen if you name the sending prim, "Second Life" (which I had done, in an attempt to discover how a message had been sent).   If you name it "Test Prim" it works fine.

ETA 2 -- Reported as a bug, with a repro, at https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-28743

16 answers to this question

Wait! What? Are you saying that message from a script in a prims called "Second life" will only show up as a pop up message titled 'Message from Second Life" (possibly with only an OK button)?

That could explain what I thought was a phishing attempt the other day...

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.