How can you resize your default appearance ( av ) past 100%

KarenMobius

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I have created a custom avi using prims but cannot attatch my head properly ( has to sit ontop of my defaults head) which messes with the way the head should move. I was wondering how i can get my appearence to go past 100% so i can properly set up my custom prims on my body.

If you attach it to the head it will move exactly like the head so I have no clue what problem you encounter.

If you attach it to the neck it will move with the neck and of course that will look pretty weird for a head. So where did you attach it?

By the way: the neck attachment point is new and I have no clue if everyone can see stuff that is worn there.

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

There are new attachment points?

I have "Neck" and "Avatar center" on Firestorm. Both are new.

Both work as expected for me. I did not get info about it nor tested with an ALT on another viewer yet.

So I don't know if they are in Linden viewer and how compatible to older viewers they are.

Nova Convair wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

There are new attachment points?

I have "Neck" and "Avatar center" on Firestorm. Both are new.

Both work as expected for me. I did not get info about it nor tested with an ALT on another viewer yet.

So I don't know if they are in Linden viewer and how compatible to older viewers they are.

Yep, you are correct! I am using Exodus and I now have a neck and avatar center attachment point, since it is based on V3 I gather it is in V3 as well.

Thanks!

It sounds like you're trying to create an avatar that is larger than the 8'10" height limit avatars can reach.

If that's correct, you need to understand that eight sliders affect avatar height.

Height

Head Size

Neck Length

Hip Length

Leg Length

The above are the main ones. These straight-up affect your height by increasing them.

Torso length also affects your height, but not in the same way. Primarily it changes the ratio between upper body and leg length, but it also adjusts height slightly, however increasing it can, in some cases, result in slightly reduced height.

Now, you can also add some height to yout appearance by wearing an avatar shoe layer and sdjuting the following sliders;

Heel Height

Platform Height

From the sounds of it, your best bet is increasing the neck length. If that doesn't work you may want to play around with some of these other sliders.

I've posted a more detailed article about avatar shape and the appearance editor here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.