Deleting magic box items from my listings

Prodigy Shamen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi everyone was just wondering how i delete all the magic box items from my listings as there still all showing along with the direct delivery items....ive removed my magic box but cant find an option to delete them my listings page ???

any help would be great

thanks Prodigy

Prodigy Shamen wrote:

hi everyone was just wondering how i delete all the magic box items from my listings as there still all showing along with the direct delivery items....ive removed my magic box but cant find an option to delete them my listings page ???

any help would be great

thanks Prodigy

Howdy, Prodigy.  If the old items are now in your "Unassociated Items" list, go to the old Xstreet page (clicking Cancel when it warns you that Xstreet is now closed down) down to the bottom and you will see all the magic boxes you had.  Click force remove on each one.  Be sure all of them are removed from inworld also.  (From your Merchant Home > Inventory > Magic Box Status)

After the boxes are removed from the old Xstreet page and all are deleted from inworld, go to Manage Listings and click "Sync Marketplace With Magic Boxes"

Once you do that...give the system time (something on the order of 5 mintues or so) refresh the page and those old items should be gone.

If you have any left, come back here and let me know and we will go through another step but you *shouldn't* have to do it.  That should clear them all.

nikita Jefferson wrote:

I removed about 192 magic box items from my unassociated list last night.

i usually check about 10 or 15 boxes then go to the bottom and choose delete, sometimes it goes sometimes you have to refresh and try again, but i removed them all that way

And ^ that's the other way to delete these things although it takes a LOT more time and you get the "Sorry Be Right Back!" screen most times.  Delete the magic boxes from the old Xstreet page and inworld first.  Usually that will get rid of them all at once. 

Darrius Gothy posted a step-by-step somewhere in this forum. I've been using it and its working for me.

Make sure the items are out of you Magic Boxes. Or that the Magic Boxes are removed from SL. If one copy of the item is left in any Magic Box in-world, it will return to the List.

Once the items are removed from the boxes and the boxes have completed their reset, look to the upper right of your Unassigned Items List in the Market Place for the Sync Market Place with Magic Boxes. Click that and give it five minues.

I have a small MP inventory and only one magic box. So, this is pretty quick for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,  My magic box is in my inventory - not in world and I have transferred all my items to Direct.  The magic box items are still appearing on both my unassociated and some on associated (but not active) lists  I tried going to the old Xstreet address and there was nothing there about my magic box.  I have deleted them manually - took over an hour yesterday - and they are ALL BACK!  Am I missing something???  Thanks for your help. 

Nefer Avro wrote:

I tried going to the old Xstreet address and there was nothing there about my magic box.  I have deleted them manually - took over an hour yesterday - and they are ALL BACK!  Am I missing something???  Thanks for your help. 

Do you mean you couldn't find any magic boxes in the registered servers list on the magic box status page? It may be hard to notice if you have lots of unassociated item listings cuz it's located below them at the bottom of the page.

If you don't remove them from that page, the system considers those magic boxes are still active, hence the return of the living dead in the unassociated items section.

> I have deleted them manually - took over an hour yesterday - and they are ALL BACK!  Am I missing something??? 

You're not missing anything.

Even objects that no longer exist anywhere in your inventory, in or out of a magic box, or saved under any name will continue to reappear, no matter how many times you delete them, individually or in cluster.

This problem has been mentioned before.

• 4 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.