• Announcements

• Xiola Linden

The New Community Platform   03/21/2017

We are still working on making adjustments and changes to the new platform. Thanks  to everyone who has been sending in feedback and filing any bugs you've encountered! 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PudgyPaddy

Why am I not gay?

55 posts in this topic

Or, at least, a LB or T.  I know why I am not an L, but I am getting confused with all the facts disseminated on this forum.
If LGBT's make up a huge part of the population regardless what country we are talking about...then why not me?

I ask because I was never told that we are all designed to be homosexual, but I was not.  
Is it me?  Why am I different than others? Can someone please tell me the truth.

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

Those topics have been about others loving others. Narcissists are excluded.

*coughs*

You are not quite correct in your observations as both posts said nothing about "loving" others.  As a matter of fact both posts claimed to be stating facts around an observation of "seeing" two men together.  In the entire thread the word love was never mentioned.  To that end, robots and narcissists are excluded.  Unless you are doing a solo of course. 

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

Those topics have been about others loving others

More incorrect information.  See my above post and my opening post. 

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

Those topics have been about others attracted to others. Narcissists are excluded.

ETA : changed 'loving'  to 'attracted to' .

You are still incorrect in your observation and your subsequent edits.  The topics spoke nothing about "attraction".  The topics spoke about assumptions, others added the information as I wrote about in my OP.  Try again.

ROB34466IIIa wrote:

Being fickle won' t obscure the truth I told you.

A seeker of the truth is not fickle. Au contraire.  If you can not offer the truth then do not pretend it is others that do not understand.

PudgyPaddy wrote:

If LGBT's make up a
regardless what country we are talking about...then why not me?

"Huge" is a subjective term, to be sure. However, even if "only" 5% of the population is LGBT (estimates go as high as 10%, though some don't like Kinsey's sampling...) that makes 350 million out of the earth's population of 7 billion. That's not a small number.

I ask because I was never told that we are all
, but I was not.

I think what that poster was trying so hard to say was that there are some people that may have a genetic predisposition to be gay. I tend to believe that that is true, but I don't particularly care whether it is or not. I don't need genetic studies to justify my existence.

Is it me?  Why am I different than others?

I might as well ask why I'm not left-handed.

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

PudgyPaddy wrote:

If LGBT's make up a

"Huge" is a subjective term, to be sure. However, even if "only" 5% of the population is LGBT (estimates go as high as 10%, though some don't like Kinsey's sampling...) that makes 350 million out of the earth's population of 7 billion. That's not a
small
number.

, but I was not.

I think what that poster was trying so hard to say was that there are some people that may have a genetic
predisposition
to be gay. I tend to believe that that is true, but I don't particularly care whether it is or not. I don't need genetic studies to justify my existence.

Is it me?  Why am I different than others?

I might as well ask why I'm not left-handed.

I agree with your post 100 percent.  My issue is with how posts are written with so much misinformation that we now must assume what the writer is trying to say and not what they are actually saying. 

PudgyPaddy wrote:

Or, at least, a LB or T.

You could certainly be a T... I'd be happy you help you with the operation.

...Dres

PudgyPaddy wrote:

I agree with your post 100 percent.  My issue is with how posts are written with so much misinformation that we now must assume what the writer is trying to say and not what they are actually saying. 

Clarity does go a long way.

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

PudgyPaddy wrote:

Or, at least, a LB or T.

...Dres

Will it hurt?

You are gay alright..

and in your case, I don't assumed. I am convinced that you are.

PudgyPaddy wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

PudgyPaddy wrote:

Or, at least, a LB or T.

...Dres

Will it hurt?

It might tickle a bit.

...Dres

Descarado wrote:

You are gay alright..

and in your case, I don't assumed. I am convinced that you are.

Although my opening post stated otherwise, I thank you for the compliment. 

Can you tell me what "convinced" you?

Syo Emerald wrote:

Well at least I tried to say something nice :catfrustrated:

You did reply with something nice.  I apologize for not responding as I was caught up with people posting not so nice things.

No idea why your not gay. I'm still trying to figure out why you're not blocked. lmao! I set that the other night in the thread you linked to. I did answer you btw. Had to go to dinner and by the time I was back you were busy arguing with 2 other people.

You do have a sense of humor I'll admit. Probably nearly as twisted as my own, so, yea I'll try to hang onto that possitive till the forum catches up to my settings.

Maybe I should clear the browser cache hrmm.

More seriously, it doesn't matter why you aren't gay. You just arent. Griffin probably said it best. You might as well ask why you aren't left handed.

Giving this the benefit of the doubt that this post is not an entirely sarcastic mudsling at the other thread and that you do have some genuine curiosity on it, it's nothing good or bad if you are or aren't. *shrug. I have plenty of straight friends and they arent just token straight friends either. And oh yea. My parents were straight!

Well except for that one night Dad cross dressed for the eagles halloween party and seduced his best friend for 4 hours and got free drinks. I still lmao every time I think of that.

Eileen Fellstein wrote:

Well except for that one night Dad cross dressed for the eagles halloween party and seduced his best friend for 4 hours and got free drinks. I still lmao every time I think of that.

I've only been to The Eagle (NYC edition) once. That was him?! :matte-motes-agape:

:matte-motes-wink-tongue:

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Eileen Fellstein wrote:

I've only been to The Eagle (NYC edition) once. That was him?! :matte-motes-agape:

:matte-motes-wink-tongue:

Oh lord. That would mean he took the act on tour o.O

lol he did take the opportunity to vist FOE halls wherever he went (Fraternal order of Eagles for those that don't know. It's like the Loyal order of Water Buffalo, except they wore shoes)

PudgyPaddy wrote:

Or, at least, a LB or T.  I know why I am not an L, but I am getting confused with all the facts disseminated on this forum.

If LGBT's make up a

, but I was not.  

Is it me?  Why am I different than others? Can someone please tell me the truth.

what you were told is wrong. In actuality only about 5% of the human population is homosexual, an the percentage of homosexual men is even lower.

That includes people with homosexual feelings who never express them, bisexuals, and transgenders/transsexuals.

jwenting wrote:

what you were told is wrong. In actuality only about 5% of the human population is homosexual, an the percentage of homosexual men is even lower.

That includes people with homosexual feelings who never express them, bisexuals, and transgenders/transsexuals.

If that includes "people with homosexual feelings who never express them"... How do you know?

ETA: I think you missed the point of the post. I don't know if that can be taken as "fact."

@Eileen: Do they get to wear hats?

The more interesting question would be, how many people here on SL can be put in which "category". It would show more clearly if there could be a reason to feel less mainstream, because of not being gay, bisexual or transgender or whatever.

Thinking of all the clubs which are focused on them, I think someone could wonder about that.

Syo Emerald wrote:

The more interesting question would be, how many people here on SL can be put in which "category". It would show more clearly if there could be a reason to feel less mainstream, because of not being gay, bisexual or transgender or whatever.

Thinking of all the clubs which are focused on them, I think someone could wonder about that.

I think the percentage of homosexual people (as all rl social fringe groups) in SL is higher than in RL, precisely because many people in RL with such tendencies suppress them because of whatever reason (family/job/social expectations, physical and mental problems, etc.).

I know this is the case in the D/s community, no reason it wouldn't be in the homosexual community as well.

Yes, people from that "corner" seem to be everywhere in SL, difficult not to stumble across it. :catlol:

But I assume you are right, because the internet was always a good place for people to show hidden sides of themselves, cause its a saver place than RL to express them and its easier.