why is it so hard to get help?

TwinTurbo Tank

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

14 answers to this question

@Twin Turbo.

The help available depends on whether you have Basic or Premium membership. Help for Basic members is quite restricted while Premium members have access to all categories as well as LIve Chat.

You can click the Help menu above but here are the direct links:

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/

As Knowl said, perhaps we can help you here on Answers. You can add comments using Options > Edit to the right of your post. If we can't help, then you will need LInden Lab Support and as I said, that depends on membership level.

@ Abbie

Your post in this thread is your first so where did you post about the problem with your eyes that you say 23 people read and didn't reply? Please post the link to that thread. It is extremely rare that any question posted here goes without a reply offering a solution, suggestion or advice, even if it's just a recommendation to contact Linden Lab if it's outside our ability to help. 

Unlike residents here, Linden Lab support is paid to help so that avenue is always open to you if you have Premium membership as you say (I assume that's what you mean by 'paying member'). Use Live Chat or submit a ticket. All you have to do is click the Help menu above and follow the links or use the direct links I gave above.

• Like 1

Abbie I agree that Sl has a lot of glitches. Your issues does sound a bit odd. I never heard anything like that my self. So naturally someone would not answer if they did not have it. Or you did not supply enough info ( like video card and pc cpu specs and memory) or screen shots to better deliver your point across. I did look for any previous posts you may have had, and find none? Maybe you could direct us to the post? Linden Lab usually do not monitor these questions and answers. If your issue is severe enough and you are premium. Perhaps you should have submitted a ticket and asked them directly :) anyway if you still need help. Ask about it and supply all the information so others can better answer the question

• Like 1

@Abbie

You do realise the people responding to questions here are just residents like you are? We take the time to respond to questions on our own free will. Just because one got unanswered you think it's rude? The entitlement some people feel is downright atrocious.

• Like 1

LL provide three forms of help:

1. The knowledge base
  2. Live chat for premium members
  3. Support tickets (also mainly for premium members)

Unpaid residents give up their time (and sometimes money to help)

• Here
  • In the rest of the forums (especially the creation categories)
  • By writing most of the wiki
  • At in-world helper organisations (eg; NCI)
  • Providing classes in all aspects of SL (eg;Particle Lab)
  • Building demonstration and learning areas (eg; Caledon Oxbridge)

Starting in SL is overwhelming, mainly because LL find it impossible to provide beginners' advice.  Ultimately though the reason anyone can't find where to get help is - because they haven't asked.

The difference is between "chat" and "phone" (voice). AFAIK Phone Support (for NO Billing issues) is only for Concierge accounts. I used it very little: if I have serious trouble writing in English, imagine my trouble hearing speak in English :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.