Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Flirt Wonder

Moving! Is there an easy way?

Recommended Posts

Hello,

Is there an easy way to pack up and move a 6400 sqm sim full of buildings and stuff? :)  I'm trying to move an entire shopping center the easiest way possible.  Maybe a reliable moving company?  Any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really. The only way to move is to pick up everything and stick into your inventory. Other people can't pick up your objects (unless, perhaps, you set them for sale), and even if they could everything would have to be transfer. So no one can move your things for you, you have to do it yourself.

The "easy" way would be open "about land" and return all of your own objects to you. However, this is a BAD IDEA. The items will be returned as a coalesced object (or objects, depending how many things you have). The coalesced object(s) could be named anything. When you rez them, they should rez pretty much as they were when you packed them up (I think), but it's easy to lose things this way, and easy to accidentally rez things past under the terrain or past your land boundaries. It's tedious, but the best way really is to pick up everything individually, then re-rez in the new location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm positive it will make your move so much easier.  Once you are at new location, you just drop the box or boxes (depending on how much you have) are rez it.

If you have a lot of buildings, then I recommend doing it in sections.

I've moved my store a number of times, product included.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not EVER recommend doing an all return like that with anything that is scripted. They are more likely to break and you very well may be unable to rez them again when you try. At which time you'll have to get access to a special plot, by the lindens(not difficult to get, just a pain in the butt), so you can then attempt to rez them there. There is still a good chance you'll never recover those items.

This doesn't typically matter if your items are unscripted, but scripted items play by their own rules, especially coalesced ones. There are limits to how many of them will safely rez(don't know the specific numbers, just know I've gone over it many, many, many times, both with really large groupings and smaller ones as well). Though you could still lose unscripted items, they aren't always as likely to be no copy, so it might not be a problem. Of course if the items are copy, breaking them wouldn't be a problem anyway, long as you have a good copy.

This would be a VERY last resort, and I don't mean a "dang this is just too much stuff, I don't wanna" last resort but more of a "I need to return these items to someone who is no longer able to come on" sort of last resort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Flirt Wonder wrote:

Hello,

Is there an easy way to pack up and move a 6400 sqm sim full of buildings and stuff?
:)
 I'm trying to move an entire shopping center the easiest way possible.  Maybe a reliable moving company?  Any suggestions?

Slit your throat... it's quick and easy.

...Dres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Flirt Wonder wrote:

Thank you Tari!  And Dresden, you might be right. lol

You realize I'm not really advocating the slitting of your throat... can I not be facetious when I wish to?

...Dres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the items on the sim are modifiable, you could get a rez box that works sim wide.  Here's a link to one that only costs$1L.  They aren't that difficult to use.  Basically you rez the box in the middle of the sim, and then drop a tracker script into the edit contents of each set of  linked prims.  Take the set inventory then put it in the edit contents of the rez box. Once everything is in the box, take it into your inventory.  Any no mod items will have to be taken up and moved manually.

By doing this you'll also create a back up of your sim of all the objects that are mod/copy.  If they are mod/transfer you can still do this to move, but you'll only be able to rez them out once.  However you can always put them back in the rez box if you move again.

When you get to the new sim,  just rez the box out  in the middle and click it , you'll get a menu.  Select rez and everything will go where it is supposed to go.

The terraforming will need to be the same for this to work exactly, so you may need to do a bit of adjusting.  However its not hard to duplicate the terraform either.  Have the estate owner create a terraform map in estate tools and send it to you.  Then have the estate owner of the new sim upload it to the sim, and you'll get an instant replica.  Of course this assumes that both estate owners will cooperate with you.  The owner of the estate your leaving may or may not since your not going to be a tenant anymore.

When you terraform a sim, its always good to ask the estate owner to do this anyway.  Most of the better estate owners will do this as a service to a tenant while you are still a renter in good standing.  Then you'll have it if you ever need it in the future.for any reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i use rezfoo myself..at the time it was the only one i think where you could move a whole sim at one time..but if you can get one for 1$L like the post above ..do that..

just make sure you have the script in the root prim of all the links and solo's and it's a matter of it just grabbing everything in a nice box..

just remember to be at 128.128 and remember the z axis and if N,S,E,W is important ..remember those also..

then just rez and make sure everything came out of the box..if so then save and take the rezzer back in or delete..

i use it on all my builds phases now as well.. when i get to a certain point in a build  i will pack it away and make a copy..so if there are any changes that the customer may want..i can go back in phases rather than  having to tear things up which a lot of times results in a rebuild..

they are great for a lot of things..from the smallest linksets sets to a whole sim.. =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once i moved a structure with a size over 100m.

In viewer, I set view range to 500m all camera limits off, limit select distance off and select only your stuff on.

Then I can select the whole thing with selection frame, even move around the camera and repeat from a few sides and angles.

Then take and rez at new place.

It's possible to move a single prim into the air and rez the structure on top of that prim rather than doing that on ground - that prevents rezzing underground.

I don't know if the Linden viewer has the necessary settings though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Nova Convair wrote:

Once i moved a structure with a size over 100m.

In viewer, I set view range to 500m all camera limits off, limit select distance off and select only your stuff on.

Then I can select the whole thing with selection frame, even move around the camera and repeat from a few sides and angles.

Then take and rez at new place.

It's possible to move a single prim into the air and rez the structure on top of that prim rather than doing that on ground - that prevents rezzing underground.

I don't know if the Linden viewer has the necessary settings though.

I wouldn't recommend this for moving an entire sim to someone that in inexperienced as a builder.

Selecting and taking of things into inventory as a coalesced object is limited to 1000 prims.  Probably this limit is too small to take more than pieces of the total sim into inventory. Large builds are difficult to handle in this manner, without a lot of experience, as you can't accurately place the objects once you rez them out on the new sim. The position and placement will be slightly off at best, and a lot off at worst.  You will then have to position each linked set seperately.

However if you decide to use this method, be sure you have the building edit tool box open before rezzing it out on the new sim and don't let go of the objects until you have them as close as possible to their final .position otherwise your going to have even more difficulty.

All in all you will save a lot of time using a rez box over this method unless you have a lot of experiece or luck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

I wouldn't recommend this for moving an entire sim to someone that in inexperienced as a builder.
 

6400 sqm is only 1/10 th of a sim - less than 1500 prims and there is no need to grab all builds in a whole.

But it depends on how it looks like and of course not recommended for someone that never built.

Edit:

Oh, just got a "shining" if 6400 means the 65536 of a full sim then moving manually is indeed a pain. :) Using a rezfoo is a pain too btw. Putting a script into every single object, then record and take every object then put all objects in the rezfoo. hehe, but the only way for sims in a whole that i see.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ariel Vuissent wrote:

The "easy" way would be open "about land" and return all of your own objects to you. However, this is a BAD IDEA. 

I did that once.... lost everything :( 

Nothing was returned to me, my entire parcel and all its content just dissapeared. over 120 000L$ lost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Nova Convair wrote:


Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

I wouldn't recommend this for moving an entire sim to someone that in inexperienced as a builder.
 

6400 sqm is only 1/10 th of a sim - less than 1500 prims and there is no need to grab all builds in a whole.

But it depends on how it looks like and of course not recommended for someone that never built.

Edit:

Oh, just got a "shining" if 6400 means the 65536 of a full sim then moving manually is indeed a pain.
:)
Using a rezfoo is a pain too btw. Putting a script into every single object, then record and take every object then put all objects in the rezfoo. hehe, but the only way for sims in a whole that i see.

 

actually it is in every linkset..not every object..and ya it's a pain but you only have to do it once hehehehe

i usually do it as i am building one rather than waiting till a move..

anything i build i build in phases and each phase goes in a rezzer until i have the final product and everyone is happy..then the phases get deleted and the end version is stored..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ceka Cianci wrote:


actually it is in every linkset..not every object..and ya it's a pain but you only have to do it once hehehehe


An object is what? Yessss a linkset. Not to confuse with a prim.
:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Nova Convair wrote:


Ceka Cianci wrote:


actually it is in every linkset..not every object..and ya it's a pain but you only have to do it once hehehehe


An object is what? Yessss a linkset. Not to confuse with a prim.
:)


no actually it is both a single prim or a linkset of prims..

sorry if you thought i was trying to correct you in my response..it wasn't my intention..=)

anyone reading that may not be that experienced in building may have been confused and take it as they have to toss the script in everything named object.. hehehehe

in this case the script goes in the linkset in the only prim which is not named object..

the root prim..

unless the builder named each prim as they were making it..

naming a linkset only the root prim takes on the name of the linkset..the rest are named object..

i guess i should have said root prim of each linkset from the start to make it clearer for those reading that may not be so experience in building =)

but i'm sure they will figure that out from the instructions that come with the rezzer they choose if they get one..

mine were pretty straight forward and easy to understand..i wasn't so good at it when i got mine and it went as smooth as warm butter on toast ..heheheh

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...