Shoes

TransPleasure

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Kristin Burner wrote:

maaaaaaaauuuuupppppppppppp :catembarrassed:

For me, when the toes are showing, its N-core. P10 sometimes.

Boots are a different story, i will buy boots boots boots :cattongue:

Personally i would just hit every shoe store and try a demo of what you think is there best foot/toes shoe, and see how well ithe texture takes the tint for your tone match. Many many many a fantastic shoes was destroyed by a terrible texture job of the toe/foot, making it darn impossible to have an acceptable match.

If only shoe designers and skin designers would get together.

^ This ^ 

I've often wondered why skin designers don't make shoes, or shoe designers not make skins :(  They seem to go hand-in-hand for me...

I love N-Core for prim feet shoes, the color match is great. I've not tried Simplicity, but I think I'll get a pair to try.

I've only bought one pair of Stilletto Moody's because they were bubblegum pink with sparkly diamonds and adorable. They are way overpriced for what they are though, and the fit is not all that great.

I love Pixel Mode just for easy shoes to put on. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PM-Pixel-Mode-Baby-Ts-Plain-Blood/1366175

G-field has great shoes, most under 200 linden.

Bax Boots are a staple for boot lovers, and the store helpers will custom fit them to your avatar.

I've bought some of the new Maitreya mesh boots, the Jazz and Radical boots, and they are fantastic! The Radical boots also come in unrigged mesh with a hud, so you can choose to resize them if you wish.

N-Core does have demos...just found their store over the weekend. 

N-Core has some nice looking product but have found it mainly looks better on models than worn, but that is only my opinion.  I tried on several pairs but was not impressed with any of them that required the HUD to be worn and match my skin.  I found it very difficult to match dark ethnic skin for those shoes needing feet; it was laborious and frustrating and never did get a good match.  

As a new customer to their store, I also didn't like the fact that some displays clearly showed there were demos...and others you had to look closely to find a demo.  I don't know if this was the owner not thinking when they set up their newer displays or a ploy to trick the newer customer into buying a shoe.

I also tried on some of their pumps not requiring the foot in the shoes.  I thought those shoes were too short and snubbed looking....like the toe area was out of porportion with the rest of the shoe. I even found that with the in foot shoes...just all seemed to be small generally and resizing didn't solve the problem.   Plus, the lag made it nearly impossible to work with getting a proper fit...the odd thing was there was only 1-2 others in the store.

I honestly think shoe and skin designers need to work together in regards to developing some type of relationship so there can be a better matching of skin tones and skin textures, at least from the ankle down.  The expensive shoes generally have resize scripts  so no manual adjust can be done of given parts, which means a texture for the foot part cannot be added by the customer.

Will have to check out the other two you have suggested since I don't get out much.  Most of what I buy is for building not wearing.  It is apprecaited...thanks for listing them.

Morgaine Christensen wrote:

As a new customer to their store, I also didn't like the fact that some displays clearly showed there were demos...and others you had to look closely to find a demo.  I don't know if this was the owner not thinking when they set up their newer displays
or a ploy to trick the newer customer into buying a shoe.

Hello Morgaine. First of all, being a "merchant" yourself i think that you should be more careful by  making such assumptions, i'm pretty sure that you would not like to read this kind of comment toward you from someone who doesn't know you at all  :-). That said, we offer our demos in 2 ways: in a board or box (for  the newest releases)....there's really no big difference and in both ways the Word DEMO is clearly visible (no one has had complaints about this^^). So... is not wanted for N-core team a "ploy to trick new customers into buying a shoe". We know that's not the way of doing business and (thank god) we do not need such practices to get new customers. BTW, if sometime you need support don't hesitate to contact me ^^  Best regards

• 4 months later...

HoC - high quality, ridiculously cheap prices, good customer service but rarely logs on

Aoharu - high quality, slightly expensive prices, good customer service

Maitreya - high quality, ridiculously expensive prices

Gos - high quality, moderately expensive prices

N-core - high quality, ridiculously expensive prices, sh*t customer service

Your pick.

• 10 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.