Sign in to follow this  
AnthonyFraser

Is it ok for a man not to have Sex in SL?

I'm cracking up over all of the women that want to meet him in world and say "IM me anytime" when he has yet to respond to a single post after 5 days.

Obvious troll is obvious.

This is along the same lines as.. "do i have to be a (man/woman) if i am a (man/woman)?" or "Are child AVs allowed on adult land?"

geez.

Such an amusing thread. I see so many SL men (somewhat haplessly on occasions) approaching SL women for sex, and yet it seems from the responses here that the way for them to get it is to announce the very opposite, namely, that they don't want sex. 

Trolls or not, the ensuing conversations that evolve from these posts are pretty entertaining (well to nerdy girls like me lol).

Ooooh yeah...you fellas have figured out the REAL way to the SL Ladies' hearts. Just act like you want NO sex of any kind, and NO relationship. In fact, put it in your profile pics, and you won't have to do a THING. Be polite and nice, but act like you could give or take their company. Women either like men who are challenging or unattainable. Don't ask why, I can't explain it, Not all women, but I would guess more than they would like to admit. Nothing is a bigger turn-off then desperate, horny men who IM you and say "Oooo nice avi". That...is the worst line...ever. Pfff I should charge for this advice ROTFL

It is not required, no.  Nor is it all that unusual. 

SL is what you want it to be.  If you look for pixel sex, you'll get pixel sex.  If you want to build and create art in a quiet spot, you'll get a quiet spot and build art.  That's the beauty of the grid -- it's anything for all people.  While I'm here for socialization and building, a nice roll in the hay now and then is fun.  But it's certainly not even in the top 10 reasons I'm here.

Facts which have always confused us guys :) 

You twenty somethings should listen to her while you still have time to take advantage of her wisdom.  It took me till age 40 to figure it out on my own.  You younglings still have time to fix what you are doing wrong and enjoy your lives.

Chalk up another one for reverse psychology and gullibility.  Cudos to the OP.  I've seen quite a few guys (well, male avatars, anyway) use this schtick inworld with pretty good success.  Just look on how many on this thread fell for it without question.  :smileyhappy:

I personally think that it is okay not only just for males but females also like yourself and myself who want to have fun in SL and don't care to have the sex in SL whatsoever.

Just because an individual does not want to have sex in SL does not make them any less of a person whatsoever. I personally think that it makes them more of a person. You can do a lot more in SL than just that, and still have a good time and wonderful experience.

*chuckles* Many ladies in SL would love to have a man like that, so yes, it is OK not to have pixel sex, pixel babies etc.

To each their own. As long as you are happy with your choices, they are OK. Just be truthful with those that you meet and those that might want a relationship with you, from the start, so it wouldn't be a surprise later on. :matte-motes-evil:

I am a guy who doesn't run around for a nice set of prims to mount.

Basically sticking to a rule my RL partner got me to agree to - no in-world relationships!

As far as I'll go is great friendships.

Even though I got my main avatars age verified - I didn't do it for the sex - I did it for the freedom to go anywhere wether it was a sex place or not. If I do end up travelling to a sex oriented place - it would usually be to point and laugh at whatever's there...

About the only times you'll catch me doing sex things is usually to make a situation even more funnier when I'm with a group of friends as I do run about with an adult minded sense of humor at times. Or if I'm making something something or helping someone in an adult sandbox.

Every other time I'm just my usual self doing the more "safer activities" like building non-sexual stuff, helping noobs and chatting to a bunch of friendly people.

I think the best way to relationships in SL is a kind of open relationship where you don't expect anything from your friend (and they shouldn't have expectations about you either) as well as not being posessive over each other in terms of who they talk to and mingle with. Simply enjoy chatting and hanging out doing fun things with anyone, anywhere in any way that feels good. (Personally I think this should apply to RL more.)

AnthonyFraser wrote:

If i was with a woman in SL, would she be able to understand? I could imagine most women would expect me to want sex because i am a man. But how can i prove (or make them understand) that i dont need it in SL?

Yes, I think lots of women would understand, as I think lots of women don't find pixel bumping arousing nor interesting.  I guess in general it is more of a male thing as men tend to be more visually oriented than women are.  I find pixel bumping kind of silly actually, I'm not interested about it and I don't expect anybody to suggest it to me. :smileytongue:

No need to prove anything, just be as you like the best.

It's great to have men in SL who don't push sex. :matte-motes-big-grin:

sLo_heartbeat.gif