Sign in to follow this  
AnthonyFraser

Is it ok for a man not to have Sex in SL?

I'm just curious because i really don't need (and don't want) Pixel Sex in SL. I could have it in RL whenever i want it, because its more fun in RL.

It might sound funny, but its true and some people don't seem to believe me when i say i dont want Sex in SL.

Makes me wonder why that is... Is it because i am a man?

Are men in SL suppose to get their **bleep** out as soon as they see a naked woman? Or the first day they are dating...?

Maybe some guys here are like "ram bam thank you mam"... and some women may expect a man to be like that.

Well, i am not like that. I can be loving and romantic, but i dont really need sex in SL. I just dont have the desire.

If i was with a woman in SL, would she be able to understand? I could imagine most women would expect me to want sex because i am a man. But how can i prove (or make them understand) that i dont need it in SL?

I does seem more than OK to me Anthony. Your post is truly refreshing among all those who are frantically looking for sex and *bleep* accessories!

I know many women in SL who would be more than happy to meet someone like you. Love and romance can go without pixel bumping (which is most of the time ugly, coarse and, in the end, annoying). Speaking for myself, I have been partnered for almost 4 years with a wonderful, loving and tender man. We hug, kiss, dance, explore the world and go to bed everynight together in each other's arms, without ever having SL sex.

I wish you meet someone who understands and deserves you. Sounds you're worth it. :smileyhappy:

AnthonyFraser wrote: But how can i prove (or make them understand) that i dont need it in SL?

You can' t, but that shouldn' t stop you enjoying SL nonetheless.

Heh, It is perfectly fine to not have  the desire for toon sex in SL. I personally, always thought it was silly, but, to each his own.

I am sure you can find a lovley woman to enhance your Second Life without the sex, and she be understanding. It think those are easier to find than a guy who doesn't want sex in SL lol. It might take looking in the right places...

It should be pretty easy to prove by not advancing, and not asking.

AnthonyFraser wrote:

I'm just curious because i really don't need (and don't want) Pixel Sex in SL. I could have it in RL whenever i want it, because its more fun in RL.

It might sound funny, but its true and some people don't seem to believe me when i say i dont want Sex in SL.

Makes me wonder why that is... Is it because i am a man?

Are men in SL suppose to get their **bleep** out as soon as they see a naked woman? Or the first day they are dating...?

Maybe some guys here are like "ram bam thank you mam"... and some women may expect a man to be like that.

Well, i am not like that. I can be loving and romantic, but i dont really need sex in SL. I just dont have the desire.

If i was with a woman in SL, would she be able to understand? I could imagine most women would expect me to want sex because i am a man. But how can i prove (or make them understand) that i dont need it in SL?

i know lots of guys in sl that want nothing to do with pixel sex..they come here to create and build and script and all kinds of other things..

you may be going to a lot of areas where the norm for those areas is that most men have sex or soemthing..

it's perfectly normal to not want to have sex in sl hehehe

a lot of men are content as well as a lot of women without it =)

AnthonyFraser wrote:

Is it ok for a man not to have Sex in SL?

No, it is compulsory. You must have sex at least 4 times an hour between logging in and logging off. Extra points are scored for having sex while your avatars is still a white cloud at login and also during logoff. If you fail to meet your sex quota your avatar will be reduced to neuter bot status and be forced to scrub the floors of eye-bleedingly ugly malls until you learn the error of your ways. So there, ner ;P

Where do you think all the n00blets come from? You must do your duty and impregnate as many avatards as possible.

It seems rare, but it isn't unheard of.  I've met a couple of guys who weren't at all interested in SLexing.  I'd far prefer to meet and spend time with someone like yourself than one who feels the need to pixel-rut with anything that moves.  I am sick to the bleeping back teeth of those ones.

Alazarin Mondrian wrote:

Where do you think all the n00blets come from? You must do your duty and impregnate as many avatards as possible.

:D:D:D

I don't like sex in SL either, unfortunately almost everyone I met in SL seems to think that's the ultimate purpose of being in SL. That aspect of SL sometimes discourage me, as if the whole SL is having sex but me...

Yes, of course it's ok, and more than ok. It's your SL. Enjoy it how you wish. Just the 1st few posts here are evidence that a lot of people feel the same.

Myself, I would personally opt out, but that's just me and just being honest with myself. I do wish it would be way less a priority sometimes in some of the situations I have been in.

Utimately, optimaly for me, a relationship very much like Valerie described only without the last 5 words.lol

AnthonyFraser wrote:

I would think that a very high percentage of women would understand and respect your desire not to.. that is, of course, as long as you were upfront with that info and didn't dig yourself in deep with the romance card before springing that on her. I would also bet that there's a good many women who would understand that you don't want to, but just wouldn't be willing to enter into a SL relationship without those things. Yeah, some of us like it too.. even the pixel type. Point is it's your SL, you play it how you want to, and without feeling the need to justify yourself.

Certainly it's uncommon to find a guy who doesn't do that, but it's also very far from unheard of either. My oldest and best friend here doesn't, and I know many others as well. It may be that others just assume you would because, let's face it.. the sheer numbers of those that do end up making those who don't into the rare exceptions. Either way though, you should really never have to justify or defend your choice for people who don't believe you. It's not your fault they haven't gotten out to see the rest of the grids people, or your job to convince them of something they haven't seen yet in SL.

meeeeeuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwppppppp :catembarrassed:

Dont. Go to where theres no pervies , hahahha.

Personally, the friends that lasted the longest are the ones that you dont do pixel sex with. Pixie sex today equals removing from friends list tomorrow hahaha

AnthonyFraser wrote:

My advice is to have no expectations and go with the flow.  No one is forcing you to enjoy your experience one way or another.  'Most women' are individuals just like you.  Be honest and truthful.  It works in RL, too.

Venus Petrov wrote:

AnthonyFraser wrote:

My advice is to have no expectations and go with the flow.  No one is forcing you to enjoy your experience one way or another.  'Most women' are individuals just like you.  Be honest and truthful.  It works in RL, too.

Kudos button is never there when you need it. But you have mine Venus!

valerie Inshan wrote:

Kudos button is never there when you need it. But you have mine Venus!

Totally agree!! (about kudos button and about Venus kudos for that post)

Alazarin Mondrian wrote:

Extra points are scored for having sex while your avatars is still a white cloud at login ...

Can we get a pic of that please?

I truly think this is awesome! A man who I wouldn't have to fend off after a nice date or have it go ugly because I don't want to bump pixels. IM me inworld anytime. Would love to just have some fun and get to know you. :-)

Heart

Gil Hema wrote:

I don't like sex in SL either, unfortunately almost everyone I met in SL seems to think that's the ultimate purpose of being in SL. That aspect of SL sometimes discourage me, as if the whole SL is having sex but me...

What holds the world together, as I have learned from bitter experience, is sexual intercourse. -Henry Miller

You're not doing your part to hold the world together. Get out there and screw something. That's what hold things together best, screwing.

I'd invite you to Dark Alley.

The women there would be fuming mad because you will not be there to mentally force them into pseudo unconsented sex.

There are as many sexually repressed men as there are consenting and willing horny women in SL. I ventured into it. I don't have sex with men but I am a C$#kteaser. It feels good to see how many horny guys became really frustrated at me and there is nothing they could about it. Truth is, in SL.. No One can force you to do things you don't want to do.

Why shouldn't it be ok? I like a steamy encounter, but can have as good (in other ways of course) time just talking, dancing, maybe cuddling and hugging.

People who jump from one sex encounter to the next are usually very new and/or inexperienced with the A rated content, they get overwhelmed by the possibilities and swept along.
After a while they settle down to fewer and fewer meaningless encounters (I know I have :) ). You're just starting out at a point many arrive only after weeks or months.

Hi Anthony. I´m Harumi. For me more than OK :). I Understand and respect your desire you had made for your SL experience.  IM me inworld anytime. Would love to hang out and have some fun!. Maybe talking, dancing,cuddling and hugging.

Well pixel sex by itself is kind of awkward and sometimes downright funny to watch. Most people who engage in it also voice or type sex chat so in that regard, they add an extra level of intimacy. It's never, ever as satisfying as real life sex (don't care what anyone says) but when people live long distances, it's a way to experience a kind of intimacy, I suppose. I would guess most people who engage in it probably do have unfullfilled sex lives in RL. Some people are shy and socially awkward in real life, so experiencing sexuality in SL could be their only outlet. They may be unattractive and overweight in their real life and maybe have more limited dating opportunities. In SL, anyone can build an attractive avatar and immerse themselves in being that person they've always wished they'd look like. There are a lot of people in SL who are in very unhappy marriages and seek escape and fantasy from their reality. Then there are some people who engage in sexual play (such as BDSM) that they feel too inhibited to act out in RL with their RL partner.

So my answer to your question is that it depends on why the woman/women you meet are in SL. Obviously if you're with a woman in SL and she has those needs that you are unable/unwilling to fullfill, then both of you will probably experience a lot of frustration.

I know plently of women who don't engage in pixel humpery, and they'll often write in their profiles they aren't into sex.

So...good luck to you, and be sure to read profiles :)