• Announcements

• Xiola Linden

The New Community Platform   03/21/2017

We are still working on making adjustments and changes to the new platform. Thanks  to everyone who has been sending in feedback and filing any bugs you've encountered! 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lkoresko13

how can i change my age?

Question

i entered the wrong age when i entered in. i am really 19 years old, but of course me being stupid, i clicked the wrong date without realising. How can i fix this?

10 answers to this question

You will need to open a support ticket and probably be required to send documented proof of your age.  

--Cinn

PS  We get this one pretty often and no one actually believes your excuse.  Waiting for someone to be more inventive than that! :matte-motes-nerdy:

3 people like this

It's hard to believe that anyone doesn't know his own birthday, so be prepared for Linden Lab to be very skeptical.  File a support ticket at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/.  Use the menu option Account Issue >> Account creation Issues. Expect LL to request photocopies of official documents with your real birthdate on them.

lol that might work. I was thinking more like "My family uses the Hijri calendar and when I tried to convert my birthday to Gregorian, I used the Chinese calendar conversion instead..........I give them points for one like that :)

All I got to say is that the other day (maybe a week ago) I almost got banned for being blunt and direct to someone. I hope you don't meet the same fate. Now I got to watch my p's and q's for a while.

It's hard to bite your tongue all the time. :)

Putting "13" in your username may not have been a rocket-scientist move either, you being "19" and all.

1 person likes this

At least you manage to express yourself better than most people with this "problem'.

Please understand our skepticism.  What most people with this complaint really mean is, "I'm under 18 and I entered my RIGHT age.  Now I want to lie about it so I can get into Adult areas."

I have one piece of advice for you:   Don't.