Dear Marketplace Merchants and Shoppers..

Couldbe Yue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

by email.

" We are very sorry for the problems that some of you have experienced since the implementation of our Direct Delivery system or continue to experience from purchases that are delivered by a magic box.  We can understand your frustration at the problems and delays these are causing and are working in particular to solve the issue with corrupted listings. Unfortunately, despite identifying the problem we have not yet been able to find a solution to this particular problem that will not cause more disruption to the Marketplace.  We are also working on the delivery failure issues and hope to have a resolution soon. 

Thank you for your patience and support while we investigate and resolve these problems.

Yours..  "

... No, you're not dreaming, it's not real but it should be. 

There's nothing worse than silence for an online brand, particularly when there are many more, easier to use entertainment options out there.  So I thought I'd post this so just for a moment we could all savour that parallel universe where this organisation treats us as a valued customer.

(you'll note even I'm not brave enough to put in things about contacting support with problems...  I might be trying out a parallel universe for size here but that's just too crazy a notion to entertain!)

Branda Ghost wrote:

i got everything in the direct delivery and what a pain that is for me since i dont use v3 viewer omg that thing is so unuserfriendly now but since was all done and uploaded fixed relisted and all great hassle ts working ok

You do have some missing images but good job moving it.

Gotta love that it seems to be blaming bad delivery by Magic Boxes.

BTW, receiving update emails like that from LL is what I was asking about in another post and didn't receive an answer because it was confused with product sales notifications.

Anyway, I haven't received any official notifications like that from LL for a LONG time.  What do I need to do to sign up?

I've only seen them use email for marketing type announcements for quite a while.

There has always been a problem getting an often updated single coherent space for information.

Knowledge base is sometimes updated, info sometimes given on the merchant group in-world, occassionally on Twitter, a rarely updated page for marketplace development on the wiki. also a search related page on the wiki I believe for the marketplace that hasn't been updated in a while.

And of course that old standby, the Jira.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Anyway, I haven't received any official notifications like that from LL for a LONG time.  What do I need to do to sign up?

go a little crazy and step into the parallel universe with me.  Let's face it, you'll never see an email like this from them but it is nice to dream, isn't it?

Couldbe Yue wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

go a little crazy and step into the parallel universe with me.  Let's face it, you'll never see an email like this from them but it is nice to dream, isn't it?

Ever since this mess began I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe.  I've heard of that (parallel universes) but thought it was more "Area 51" stuff.  I'm beginning to believe. ;) 

I've fallen in the rabbit hole...maybe I'll see you on the way down...*grins*

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

I've only seen them use email for marketing type announcements for quite a while.

There has always been a problem getting an often updated single coherent space for information.

Knowledge base is sometimes updated, info sometimes given on the merchant group in-world, occassionally on Twitter, a rarely updated page for marketplace development on the wiki. also a search related page on the wiki I believe for the marketplace that hasn't been updated in a while.

I'm not even getting the marketing announcement updates via email.  I think my not receiving them any longer coincides with the approximate time the old forums were shut down and these forums instituted. 

*Puts on my Sherlock Holmes cap and gets out a huge magnifying glass and starts sleuthing*

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

I'm not even getting the marketing announcement updates via email.  I think my not receiving them any longer coincides with the approximate time the old forums were shut down and these forums instituted. 

*Puts on my Sherlock Holmes cap and gets out a huge magnifying glass and starts sleuthing*

Found buried in a deep dark hole of a privacy policy: http://lindenmktg.p0.com/resubscribe.jsp

The Lab can do no right... at least according to some. When it sends emails it is "spam" and when it does not it is "customers neglect".

Perhaps if self-styled prosecutors didn't crowd the aisle rushing to the podium to demand conviction every time the Lab does attempt to comunicate it would be doing it more often.

Ela Talaj wrote:

The Lab can do no right... at least according to some. When it sends emails it is "spam" and when it does not it is "customers neglect".

Perhaps if self-styled prosecutors didn't crowd the aisle rushing to the podium to demand conviction every time the Lab does attempt to comunicate it would be doing it more often.

some people run a legit business here.  some pay for services and ads.  for some it is not a small amount.  for some, it puts food on the table, and has for quite a few years until recently.  we pay for basic service.  and we pay for ads.

and many, many established that business long before the current team took over.  and it was pretty darn consistent, considering the challenges of the venue.

as I recall, the Pink Team would have been on this, criticisms and all, handling it.  even with "self-styled" prosecutors (none of which I see in this thread).....badgering them.  they would have communicated.

are all of your service providers working for you today, Ela?  your cell phone?  your wireless?  your electricity? 

What would your plan be, if perhaps your electricity were out for a few weeks?

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Couldbe Yue wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Ever since this mess began I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe.  I've heard of that (parallel universes) but thought it was more "Area 51" stuff.  I'm beginning to believe.
;)

I've fallen in the rabbit hole...maybe I'll see you on the way down...*grins*

We are in a Uni-code version of Area 14, I fear ;)

Ela Talaj wrote:

Perhaps if LL were prepared to act like a professional company, it would cope with negative customer feedback like every professionally inclined business in existence, while still communicating to its customers like a professional company, because that's what professional companies do; get on with it, like professionals.

In fact, drop the perhaps.  If LL were prepared to act like a professional company it would cope with negative feedback while still communicating like a professional company, just like the other professional companies manage.

@Mickey: nice to see you here.

You gotta love the Lab.

... after I identified the Unicode bug, all I got on my support ticket was:

Hello Gavin Hird,

The Dev Team has access to all of the orders in the Being Delivered state and it is not necessary to provide those each time they occur.

Regards,

Couldbe Yue wrote:

There's nothing worse than silence for an online brand, particularly when there are many more, easier to use entertainment options out there. 
So I thought I'd post this so just for a moment we could all savour that parallel universe where this organisation treats us as a valued customer.

(you'll note even I'm not brave enough to put in things about contacting support with problems...  I might be trying out a parallel universe for size here but that's just too crazy a notion to entertain!)

Am I dreaming?

Is this my virtual destiny to have contributed to one of the DD issues and have been seeking this parallel universe with you folks only because of that my name is Super String??  

...superstring theory happens to be which is going to prove the existence of parallel universes...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Couldbe, emotionally your email comforts me, even in "current" universe it makes me feel better :) 

------------------------------------------------------------

For potential merchants whose name might be Big Bang or Quantum Physics, pick a safer name to open your store...this is an advise from Super String:matte-motes-shocked:

It's not so bad in the parallel universe, is it?  Gavin gives us comedy, Dartagnan provides some joy and it's a nice little respite from that big bad reality of SL commerce. (edit..  and super string admits he's the one who opened the door to this nice little universe of ours..)

I can say that, despite finding one of my other stores has over 10% of the items corrupted and despite them being unlisted on my site, they're listed and sitting quite happily on others where I can't get to them.  I'm almost tempted to list them so at least those people who are giving me free advertising can get some in return.

Belated de nada.

The privacy policy clutched in the hand of the body obviously meant this body was not to found.

The strangest thing ... next to the body was a green bear burning old crates originating from the company.

Alright, getting obsessed with the bear, although it lends to new terms for advocates.

Bear hugger. Green noser.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.