You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thank you sooo much for your post Meldina, and I'm so glad to hear about your story. I guess it's all about realizing it's really over and accepting that it is. Stupid me is still trying to get over the how-did-it-end-so-soon stage. sighs..

hugsss<3 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Diasonia! I guess it's just a slow process for me. All these time I have been fighting myself to move on. Until yesterday, me and my ex hang out talked like the good friends we were before we became a couple. Then he wanted to take me back to the club where we met. All of me screamed NO, but he said to trust him. So i did. We saw common friends, i havent seen in months. We danced like before. And then he told me things I thought I'd never hear him say again. He said he loves me. Even planned on getting us a place. And I believed him, again. Only to find out today, that he is partnered to his rl. I'm so stupid!

JeanneAnne wrote:

Cheryl Corbeau wrote:

I noticed that some people can recover from a heartbreak faster than others. Some gets shattered , while others just take it so casually. And I can't help but wonder... is there a trick on how one can move on fast???

Let me know what I'm missing  :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

Resolve not to take sl seriously. It's just a game. Role play love, don't fall into it. Keep in mind that ppl you meet in sl may not be ~probably aren't~ who or what they portray themselves as being. If you become fond of the friends you make in sl keep in mind that they could be gone tomorrow. If that happens just let them go. Don't be attached. Have fun in the moment, don't regret the past or worry about the future.

Jeanne

Yep, this is totally true too. They may not be who they say they are. They could be a guy pretending to a girl, or anything like that really. :/ I don't plan to do SL love for that reason alone. So far guys have tried hitting on me, but get ignored every single time. I even ignore advances towards women who find my avatar hot or sexy unless it's a compliment from them.

• 4 months later...

That was then and this is now. Face it, you aren’t the only woman to have experienced this heart ache. Be gentle with yourself. You are doing the best you can. As you look back to the beginnings of this relationship, let yourself remember how good it felt. If he wasn’t the one, those same good feelings are out there for you with a new guy. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.