The Marketplace team is happy to announce a new function today that should help SL merchants with two important tasks:
- ensuring the proper data is migrated from XStreetSL to the new Marketplace
- releasing new versions of their products via a faster and easier process
Introducing the Edit Associated Object Function
The new Edit Associated Object function allows merchants to change the underlying Marketplace inventory item associated with a product listing. This was previously accomplished via a clunky workaround. The new function will help us with our final migration of product reviews and historical sales data from XStreetSL to the new Marketplace. Going forward, it provides an easier way for merchants to update existing products and release new versions of a product.
Some merchants will need to use this to be sure their data gets migrated correctly. Most Marketplace items have already had their data migrated. However, some merchants will have to manually verify that their Marketplace products are associated with the correct XStreetSL items. This applies to you if you have either:
- manually created any products on the new Marketplace that correspond to XStreetSL products, or
- renamed Marketplace inventory items in order to release new versions.
If so, please verify that your Marketplace products have the correct XStreetSL ID specified before Tuesday, January 4. That date will be the final migration of data from XStreetSL. After migration is complete, we will remove the XStreetSL Product ID field from each product’s Edit Item Listing page.
To use the new function, log into the Marketplace, and follow the steps below:
- 1. Navigate to My Marketplace > Merchant Home
- 2. Click Manage Inventory
- 3. Click Edit for an active product listing
- 4. Under SL Object Name, click, Edit Associated Object
- 5. In the Change Related Inventory pop-up, search for the Marketplace inventory item you'd like to associate with the product listing, and click on it to select
- 6. On the main Edit Item Listing page, scroll to the bottom and click Update
For more information, see our wiki: