Pictured above: fossil found at The Natural History Museum of Vienna
There’s nothing quite like the serenity of a beautiful building filled with art. I always feel inspired after an afternoon of walking the quiet halls of a place dedicated to creativity. Since most museums are currently closed, here are some places in Second Life where you can take a virtual field trip.
1. Chic and modern buildings like The Vordun, where you can also take a relaxing walk around the large outdoor space and courtyard.
2. The Peale Museum, a recent addition, is a replica of the RL building in Baltimore. Built in 1814, it was the first purpose-built museum in the United States. The virtual Peale has exhibits and events curated by the staff, so there's sure to always be something to pique your interest.
3. Put on your cocktail attire and spend the evening at an art gallery, like Art Atelier. Their current exhibition, a collaboration with Museo Omar Reina de San Rafael of Argentina, goes until September 15. Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out.
5. The Cats Museum is a quaint house dedicated to these furry ninjas and their antics. I always appreciate a splash of humor. We don’t all need to be The Louvre. The Cats Museum is an adorable place to make your quiet walk a little more fun.
6. The Virtual Black History Museum is spread out over a beautiful piece of land with open grassy space and calming brooks to make a peaceful moment for yourself. There is an indoor text based history exhibit, as well as a stylized outdoor structure with photographs of many notable figures like Marsha P. Johnson and Diane Nash.