Pictured: Machu Picchu
At this point you may have organized your whole house, binged an entire series, or had a moment where you forgot what day it was. It’s no easy feat staring at the same walls everyday, but we’re chugging along. It’s totally natural to feel a little squirrely and bummed out that our 2020 travel plans might not work out the way we had hoped. We curated a list of real life locations that have been replicated in Second Life so you can adapt to a virtual vacation. Overpack all you want, there are no extra baggage fees to worry about!
- Machu Picchu: Get your steps in by climbing the labyrinthine Inca citadel in the mountains of Peru. Named one of the new 7 wonders of the world, the view from the top is incredible. You might even see a baby llama!
- Oahu Vacation Resort: One of the larger islands of Hawaii, Oahu is home to Honolulu, the state capital, numerous beautiful beaches, and Pearl Harbor. Fun shopping, scenic overlooks, and white sand await.
- Kowloon: Based on a portion of Kowloon Walled City, the intricately developed streets are lit by a characteristic neon glow. The concrete architecture and dark lighting give off a slight cyberpunk vibe.
- The Grand Canyon: Grab your visor, it’s gonna be a scorcher. Explore this vast natural marvel carved by the Colorado River millions of years ago. There are also fun activities like horseback riding and games. Stay hydrated.
- Temasek: Temasek boasts beautiful recreations of the mangroves that serve a pivotal role in the local ecology. This region also has educational posts with fun facts about Singapore’s culture and history.
- Eiffel Tower: Located in Paris, France, the Eiffel Tower has come to symbolize French culture and is the most visited paid monument in the world. The Avenue des Champs-Élysées is the perfect place for a romantic stroll.
- Guadalajara, Mexico: Enjoy the colorful atmosphere of one of Mexico’s most famous cities. It also has a region dedicated to the coastal city of Puerto Vallarta for an extra summery feel.