Need to impress a date? Getting married? Having a fashion emergency? Whatever it is, we can help!
Feel free to share any great discoveries you may have found, and ask others about anything related to fashion. Today, we are joined by the talented group of Miss and Mr. Virtual World candidates as well as our Best of Second Life (BOSL) readers and fashion friends and designers...and they do really know it all! Topics cover anything from eyelashes to nails, from couture to beachwear, from hair to jewelry and fashion accessories.
To begin this thread, I will be sharing Miss & Mr. Virtual World's tips for impeccable styling:
Miss Virtual World 2011 Serene Faith always looks fabulous. These are some of her top fashion tricks and tips:
1. Stay within the theme: If it's an elegant style you are creating, don't match it with crazy Halloween hair!
2. Know your colors: Experiment with colors that complement and don’t clash with your skin tone.
3. Use accessories: To differentiate yourself from others, try experimenting with makeup tattoos, jewelery, belts, bags, hats, jackets and/or scarves to add your own flair to an outfit.
4. Don't go overboard: Adding a bunch of stuff or modifying too much — it can be too much!
Mr. Virtual World 2011 Jax Aster has a very handsome and well-styled avatar. This is his styling advice:
1. Be yourself: In any outfit — no matter if it is couture, retro, avant garde or some other theme — you should always be able to make it your style and add your own personal touches to the outfit.
2. Be prepared: Try and make time to prepare. Style your outfit, adjust your prims, and then go over everything again. If you have time, leave your outfit for a few days and then come back to it. You never know what new ideas you may have or might find.
3. Ask a friend: Always ask a friend what they think. Asking is also beneficial to make sure prims are in the right places and your poses or AO don't make your prims go all over the place!
4. Be picky: Know what you want and go find it. I always seem to have an idea of what I want, and can never seem to find it but KEEP LOOKING! It's out there somewhere.
ABOUT FROLIC MILLS:
He is one of today's Fashion Experts and will be "on call" to respond to comments and answer questions both here and in the Fashion Forums from 9 am - 4 pm, Pacific Standard Time, Monday, September 19.