Known issue with granting/revoking permissions.

Oskar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you are trying to edit permissions for friends it will probably silently fail. If you are using the latest v2 viewer that supports web profiles it will work after a relog. For ALL other viewers it will fail. This is reported here:

- https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7104

Temporary workaround is to log into my.secondlife.com and edit permissions from the actions button on your friends profiles. Their url will look like this:

- https://my.secondlife.com/firstname.lastname

or

- https://my.secondlife.com/username

Then the friend needs to relog.

While it is nice finally to find out that this is a known bug, I have been wrestling with this problem for a couple of very frustrating days. It would have been nice if this had been given a bit more visibility, so that residents would not be wasting hours trying to solve it.

In addition to the workaround suggested by Oskar, if you are trying to switch "show online status" back on, just remove your friend from your list and add them back again, to get show online status back to default.

The same will work for any permissions that you are trying to restore to the default settings.

Oh, I do enjoy being dumb and blonde..... especially on times like this....

I have read... and been to the username page... and I have tried a few friends ..... just one problem.... I think I am in urgent need of a PICTORIAL.... please show me where the ACTiON button is ... I am seeing very little on these friends profiles ... yes the pic can open up,,,, yes it does say partner info... yes it does say payment info on file ... erm ... oh yes those STUPID BUTTONS THAT LEAD TO FACE BOOK AND TWITTER which A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN.............

Now where exactly is the ACTION BUTTON?

Please?

And yes, can we have this item on our dashboards so we can all know the problems with this subject?

Thank you Cerise

I am still feeling very much blonde and dumb....

mmmmmmmmmmmmm......... Now that there ACTION button is completely missing to me... I have tried a few friends profiles and it is just not showing.....

Any other suggestions how to SEE THE ACTION BUTTON?

Wonders how many times we have to log on sl pages .... and oooo wow that did work.... Thank you very much.... A real shame this is not being publicised and only hidden on a page like this...  Not everyone likes to sign in to soooo many SL site pages.... and wow thanks to seeing that Facebook and Twitter button , I decided to ban the links on my computer thanks to a nice search to ban it... Nice to see not everyone wants fb or twitter.

So what is the dashboard for?    Links to sooo many SL websites and why so many different sign ins?.....Why not have one access by signing on our accounts and just click the links? Why do we have to repeatedly sign in and sign in?  Now I feel like a parrot repeating myself re this, but it is a big turn off for me.

That would really help of I saw THAT (actions) one. :matte-motes-angry: But that is NOT on my friends profile. The work around doesnt WORK for me.. and I can add or remove till my head turns blue my friend just becomes unclickable!!!!! I cant even IM them. And YEAH I signed on using v2 and used the web based browser. ANd FTR this does not effect my main ONLY my alt and my mains partner. Yes I relogged.. yes yes yes Ive doen all these things.... ; (

I have to say, this is really FUBAR. I really dont understand why 1) you (LL) are forcing us to use web based profiles and 2) they dont even WORK 

Snapshot_200.jpg

CTSS3XXY Arun wrote:

So what is the dashboard for?    Links to sooo many SL websites and why so many different sign ins?.....Why not have one access by signing on our accounts and just click the links? Why do we have to repeatedly sign in and sign in? 

Because... That would make sense... Can't be having any of that!

What links? These?:

- https://my.secondlife.com/firstname.lastname

- https://my.secondlife.com/username

In the first instance, replace firstname.lastname with the first and last names of those people whose permissions you want to grant/revoke, putting a period (".")  between.

In the second, replace username with the username of those whose last name is Resident.

Then they work just fine.

Ok . All this info is fantastic..NOW..for those of us that are using 1.23..I ask " Have we already been hung out to dry", or is there a possible work around, since I am currently saving to buy a whole new computer that will support other viewers ...yeesh.. :matte-motes-sour: Pleas e anyone that is on 1.23 let me know how you have resolved this for yourself. Thanks so much, It is a definate that I add my partner on "Drant Permissions to Edit my Objects" as he helps me run the Venue !!! So far it is a nightmare to deal with this issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.