Arielle Popstar

Resident
  • Days Won

Arielle Popstar last won the day on May 2 2022

Arielle Popstar had the most liked content!

7,653 Excellent

5 Followers

Retained

• Member Title
    Attractor of Tall Planktons

Recent Profile Visitors

3,334 profile views
  1. Because I assumed the point of the thread was stress relieving ideas INSIDE SL, not the ones outside of it.
  2. She'll undoubtedly be white knighting for him on a subsequent thread so wouldn't worry too much
  3. I see it as a case that the Lindens (corporately) are the cause for the majority of the negativity. It was better when they took part in the forum but it has gone downhill since they stopped participating.
  4. Luna brought up her inworld groups that helped her destress, so I had the impression it was about that rather then RL coping mechanisms. Agreed though that after 10 pages she might have implied a different thing. My avatars are different from one another and they have different stresses and different solutions. No pretend about it. Unlike the forum, inworld I have very little problems with other's inworld. Stresses are mostly inventory, dressing and the barrage of advertisements that keep coming up. The male avatar destresses by going to a blues club and just listening to music and looking around. He doesn't get stressed but will destress for the other alts. He doesn't get out much these days. Has a 1K inventory and has problems getting any L$ to buy anymore but doesn't really need anymore. The main one, Arielle, was the main account I use to just generally destress just by logging in but more and nore stresses over trying to find the right clothes in inventory or marketplace. Stresses about trying to sort 50,000 mostly no-modify inventory that she can't even rename to make it more memorable. Her solutions until recently were to just buy new outfits but finally gave that up for now and just doesn't log into SL anymore and sticks to Opensim where she can do a better job organizing and isn't dealing with that barrage of ads. There is only one human but as I said above, each alt can have differing stresses that the others aren't prone too. Differing genders, differing expectations, differing friends or lifestyles can each place their own unique pressures on each avatar personality. This is maybe only relevant for those who use their avatar(s) as a character they play vs their account being used as an extension of their R/L self.
  5. About what part? You or your avatar? Do you see your avatar as an extension of your RL self or as character you play? If you have multiple alts, is each one the same? Does each have it's own unique personality traits? Mine for example are different so what one may get stressed about isn't what another does.
  6. Yes seems to happen a lot in SL as they make the rules up as they go.
  7. Journalists rely on clickbaiting and trolling to get their articles noticed, so I question whether it really went down the way the article was written. Yes it does look like the fence is next to a ravine and it is only 4 feet or maybe 4.5 feet high. The bush/tree the cub is in is only a foot to a foot and a half higher. It is not like they had to climb a ladder to reach up to the cub. It is surprising the bush/tree would have supported the weight of all three. You're right, Mama bear is probably smarter then a lot of humans so it would be surprising for her to put her cubs 6 or so feet high considering she herself likely tops out at 7-8 feet in height, and it is unlikely for overprotective Mother bears to put their cubs in a bush next to a place where humans hang out. Not really a safe place unless maybe she was putting them up for adoption or maybe hoping some human would feed them! Looks to me like there is more to this story then they are letting on about.
  8. I guess because in RL people have other options for dealing with stress, like having a drink, a joint, pop a pill, have a nap, watch some TV, go outside for some air, go to the fridge for some comfort food, any of a multitude of stress relievers that a RL person can benefit from that an avatar couldn't.
  9. Looking at a video of the incident one could barely call it a tree rather then bush. I have a hard time imagining a mother leaving her cubs in it for safety as a wolf or other predator could have easily reached them. Makes me wonder if a couple of karen's accused what amounted to an animal rescue, into a "selfie shoot" Authorities are still determining whether charges should be laid so I guess it wasn't and open and shut case.
  10. Sounds like the cubs might have been up in the tree for quite a while if they were wet and cold. Makes one wonder if mama bear was gone a while, maybe having suffered an accident that she hadn't returned to care for her cubs.
  11. That's like saying those needing help, don't need it in virtual. Do we magically become gods in sl? Be a good marketing angle. Become a god in Secondlife!
  12. Yes, if one isn't being granted the serenity, then maybe there is something one needs to change but most of all, needing the wisdom to know the difference.
  13. Yes it was a term that I needed to learn at a certain point and came to to realize it already had been coined. In my response to you in another thread I mentioned coming from a similar background as you and pretty much walked away from that until the age of 35 when I had to again incorporate the concept into my daily life if I had any hope of continued existence. I went through a process of coming to accept the terms and realizing they were just words that had their parallels in psychology, self help groups and other disciplines. I use the word "religiosity" mostly in the context of those who have a religion that is stripped of its spirituality and only remains as a legalism framework that only strives to make oneself look like a good church member but doesn't follow it other then making the outside look good while the inside isn't.
  14. Not resilience though it can through acceptance or peace. Those are the qualities we need the most and gain through a process of surrender to how things are. When one sees the way of peace or acceptance then one is also given the resilience to work towards that path.